Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Eltool right angle tooling

Rotary Ninja

We have a few. They have very little power. We decided to make drill jigs and drill by hand. We used them on a Haas machine and the spindle orientation was pretty crappy. Holes were out of round because spindle kept rotating slightly. On a better machine with good TSC you might have better results than we did.

Just recently we ordered another one for one project (we have used them in the past as well). Ran it a couple of weeks ago on the integrex with hi-pressure coolant drilling Ø.100 holes in aluminum. It works fine. Never did any milling with them. Pretty flexible tool when used on a machine like integrex.

2013-02-04_12-06-17_90_zps33a06472.jpg

I think the boss bought the 1D. We are grinding down a 1/4" endmill to fit in the 1/8" weldon fitting. I am just going to use a point-point toolpath to plunge cut through about a .200" thick wall in a few places. Our Mazak only has 200psi of thru-spindle coolant pressure. Do you think this will be good enough?

Onr thing I did notice is the spindle orientation on the Mazak is a lot more rigid than the Haas.

• 1 month later...

We use them quite a bit. One thing we found out was that you should follow the cleaning instructions if they are going to spend much time not in use. We have been drilling Ø.221 holes for 4 or 5 years, but when we went to doing smaller holes with tighter location tolerance our spindle orientation (beacuse of the difference in lock up at tool change) was problematic.

I will be implementing our first run using an endmill pretty soon. We use the 1M heads for drilling anyway.