Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation Library Re-visited

Chris Rizzo

Ok, I'm having some "issues" with getting an operations library going.

A) I would like to have a library on a network computer. However my remote machine will NOT accept being pointed to anything other it's own folder of C:Mcam9MillOps in my config. Does a library have to be local? WTF?

B) After I create a library, how can I go back in and edit it? I'm looking for a "save/save as" or "replace/update" option. I've ended up re-saving my selected ops, and having multiples created in the library. mad.gif

Cmr !

Regarding a:

Your network direction must be shared with appropriate permissions and sequrity settings to you as a user !

I checked it and it`s works like charm here !

quote:

B)
After I create a library, how can I go back in and edit it? I'm looking for a "save/save as" or "replace/update" option. I've ended up re-saving my selected ops, and having multiples created in the library.

b: Nc utils->def ops->library select the library you want to edit and do your edit there .

You can even add toolpath or delete ,change every parameter,tool,order ,anything you like

Iskander s!z Be happy !

Thanks plasttav,

I took a look at things a little closer here, this can't be that hard!

When I go to nc>def.ops>library and select a library that I created, I get a warning.

code:

LIBRARY NOT FOUND  Z:generalmastercaminfooperationslibraryDEFAULTS.DF9  

It looks like my ops library is now a .df9. Should'nt an ops library be a .op9 ? I tried re-creating the library a bunch of times, and it always adds the DEFAULTS.DF9 extension.

It gets stranger...it does open the library (after I toggle through the error messages), but also changes some of my system defaults..which I realized because some of my system colors went to what I was using when I created that library. Looks like it's opening a .op9 and a .df9 at the same time? sounds crazy. I think I'll deal with the rest of this one in the morning. frown.gif

Open a new session of MC. Goto Screen, Config, Files tab and make your desired ops library the default. While you're there, make sure the correct default.op9 is selected. Say OK to everything, including saving the changes to your CFG file. Now goto NC Utils, Def ops, Library, select your library and you should not get any errors. From there, you can change any parameters in your library, delete ops, etc. After I make any changes to my ops library or tool library (especially my tool library), I Compress the library when I'm done. I've had some weird things happen if I don't. Compress is an option after NC Utils, Def ops.

quote:

but also changes some of my system defaults..which I realized because some of my system colors went to what I was using when I created that library.

This sounds like what happens when you go into Screen, Config. MC saves your config file with all your current settings at the time you go into it. That's why I said at the beginning to open a fresh session of MC before starting. That way all your settings stay intact.

Ops libraries make programming so much easier and quicker. Please keep on this until you get it straightened out. You'll be so glad you did!

Thad

YMMV on the speed of a network located ops library. It's been talked about here before, so there are definate issues with it. I have 114 ops in my library and I keep it on the network so it's accessible from all 4 seats of MC without creating a "latest version nightmare." It takes about 2 seconds to access my library. I'm willing to live with this.

Thad