Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can i change anything on the setup sheet on mcx4

drogers

Step 1: Go to my computer (image 1)post-40424-0-85546200-1365114734_thumb.png

Step 2: Navigate to your mastercam install directory (image 2)post-40424-0-59245800-1365114737_thumb.png

Step 3: Once inside mastercam directory, navigate to common folder, then reports folder inside that (image 3)post-40424-0-13832100-1365115295_thumb.png

Step 4: Double Click on Active reports designer to open in (image 4)post-40424-0-65174500-1365114801_thumb.png

Once you are in here, you can start editing your setup sheet.

There is a little bit of computer knowledge and savvy-ness involved in setting up your active reports correctly. If this is proving to be too tricky it may be worth looking at other options. If you get my setup sheet off the ftp, it should be easy enough for you to change a couple of little things to make it useable for you. Let me know how you go!

ftp://mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/Setup_Sheets/

There is a link for the setup sheet directory on the ftp. FYI the ftp is simply a server maintained by a member on this forum, where people can share files more or less. ftp stands for file transfer protocol, and is basically just the set of rules that define how the information is exchanged between sites.

ok wen i got to the third photo i opened the common folder and it didnt have a reports folder. and when i click on your ftp link above it asks for a user name and password. and thanks again for walking me through all this and bearing with me.

I was less than help full in my last response to one of your post and I apologize for that. I'll try and make it up.

To screen capture: There should be a print screen key on your keyboard, top row to the right on a most keyboards. This will capture the screen image and copy it to the windows clipboard. Now you can open up MS Paint and paste the image from the clipboard. You can now crop and resize the image. This works with any screen image, not just MC. You can also paste it to your favorite image editor. Photoshop, Paint shop pro, what ever you choose.

Another way to do this while in MC is to go to the screen tab in the top row of MC. In the drop down menu, the very last item is the "Copy Image to Clipboard" selection. This will do the same thing as the print screen key on the keyboard.

A third solution that will cover both of your inquiries.

Use the X+ setup sheet. This an add on app that is very popular among the MC community. It's totally customizable. It will also screen capture, allow you to use a company logo and do a few other cool tasks.

Get it here. http://www.emasterca...ds&showfile=216

Learn how to use it here: http://www.eapprenti...-mastercam.html

i have tried every thing i know ive tried deleting it and clicking the link again but it just give me the choice to reopen it even drug it to the x+ folder but nothing happens.

when you try try and try do get something and you FINALLY get it but its in freakin german. hmmmm

Good Stuff, maybe the best thing to do from here is to work your way through the activereport tutorial to familiarise yourself with how to use it? If you have downloaded my setup sheet, then it should be pretty much usable straight off the bat. Maybe just insert your company logo and at least thats a good starting point for you, and then you can customise it to best suit your needs as you learn more about activereports.

To use my setup sheet, right click on the selected operations you wish to make a setup sheet for, and select "setup sheet". Down the bottom of the setup sheet dialoag it has the source file for your activereports. Double click this and browse to the directory where you have saved the report files, and select "Setup Sheet (MILL).rpx" Then you should be all good to go

• 2 weeks later...