Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stuttering graphics when working with a solid model

Chap54

Ok- once mastercam is in there, then what? Turn everyting off?

I sent my boss the specs listed in this thread, thinking that would get things going. So the talk was I would be getting a new computer. Yeah! I was out yesterday, and I come back in today, and I was told that a new computer is being built for me. huh? I wasn't asked for any input, so who knows what I'll end up with. It seems that they entrust this company to provide the computer solutions for the engineering dept. what is scary is that none of them are working that well, and most are using older parts.

That is usually the way it goes. Management thinks the best solution is to create a budget for the PC first, choose somebody to purchase it from, then let someone that has no clue what CAD/CAM is spec it out. It is a really ridiculous way to do business. They might as well throw their money in a wastebasket and set it on fire and put the fire out with gasoline.

I spent 3 years trying to get a new PC. I finally get one with an i5 and 4GB of memory that was designed for doing spreadsheets and working with word documents and browsing the internet (Dell Optiplex). It was a couple months later before they gave me a video card to put in it. Yes, I was working on the i5's built in GPU!

They just don't understand. Any company that has CAD/CAM workstations would do well to hire a guy into PC gaming just to design their PC's. They are the kind of people that know what it takes to put 3D graphics on a screen and do it well.

That is usually the way it goes. Management thinks the best solution is to create a budget for the PC first, choose somebody to purchase it from, then let someone that has no clue what CAD/CAM is spec it out. It is a really ridiculous way to do business. They might as well throw their money in a wastebasket and set it on fire and put the fire out with gasoline.

Yep, that's what it looks like. Damn! At least XP is going away, and it looks like (fingers crossed) they are going to spring for maintenance so I can upgrade as time goes by.