Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Model not showing up??

djstedman

Ok, fair warning, this is probably a dumb question..

I haven't used stock models much because I work in a place that uses control comp and in X6 it hasn't been supported.

Anyhow, I am using a stock model on my current project (no comp needed) and for some reason its not showing up..

It was showing up to begin with then I had to regenerate it after making a change and now its not there anymore.

I have tried toggling the display (little blue squiggly line button) on the ops manager.

I have verified stock compare is checked and have selected my solid model.

Has anyone got any idea what I might need to do to have this thing display?

Am I missing something? Is there a button to toggle display of the stock model or something?

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks..

Well I first I tried restarting Mastercam, then I Rebooted and opened the file in X7 to try it in there since it regens WAY faster..

So it works in X7.. so must not have been the file just something messed up on my computer I guess.. will regen it in x6 when I have a free 30 minutes for the regen.. Thanks

Stock model is seperate from Stock Setup,

Stock Setup is how you define the stock you are going to machine.

Stock Model lets you compare what shape your toolpath cuts to an existing solid model -> beginning in X6 there is a toolpath called 'stock model'

Its also handy in that you can use it as Stock for subsequent verify operations so that you dont have to always run verify on all toolpaths

Well if it helps anyone I finally figured out what was going on.. seems for some reason if the tolerance is set too tight on things the stock model wont show up (on my computer anyhow) in X6..

I was trying to get a very tight tolerance to check on a couple of blends on a couple of toolpaths that wouldnt actually blend well without a bit of manipulation..

Anyhow.. I had brought the tolerance values way way down to like .0002 for tool and toolpath tolerance.. to try and get a visual reference of how much to adjust different parts of the toolpaths so they would make a good blend on the actual part.. at that low of a tolerance the stock model wouldnt ever show up.

When I opened the tolerance up to a higher value.. the toolpath started showing up again.

Fortunately .. when I tested the same file in X7 open beta.. it ran the stockmodel fine.. so hooray for X7. now when do I get a real version.. lol