Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Editing my posts.

millman2002

Hi All:

I program for several different machine types. I am trying to fine tune the posts so the same MC9 file will out to all machines types.

1: For my Fadal post I want remove 4th axes code at the begining of the program.

Example:

%

N1 O0002(MP-P0002)

N2 G20

N3 G0G17G40G49G80G90H0E0Z0

N6 T1M6

N7 M61 (remove)

N8 A-0. (remove)

N9 M60 (remove)

N10 G0G90S300M3E1X0.Y0.

It slowes down the machine while the brake goes on and off.

2: For my ProtoTrak post I want to remove the line numbers and remove M8 & M9 even if the MC9 file has it turned on.

Thanks for the help....

Gary

These are very simple post mods go inot your post and change these values to stop that only problem is if you do 4th axis then you will want to do it a different way which is change the post to not output the brake codes. As with anything invovling posts always make a back up and do all post mods checking yourself along the way.

1st way no 4th axis:

code:

1) Disable 4 axis by setting the numbered question 164. to 'n'.  

2nd way is go to this place in the program and take them out if you dont want the 4th axis to stop everytime then you can use the cantext for output when you want the brake codes just have to change this information in the cantext area:

code:

pindex          #Index output

if index & rot_on_x,

[

if fmtrnd(indx_out) <> prv_indx_out,

[

n, *sbrakeoff, e

indextest = 1

]

pbld, n, indx_out, e

if indextest = 1, n, *sbrakeon, e

!cabs, !cinc

indextest = 0

]

then take out the *sbrakeoff and *sbrakeon making sure to make it look like these in this places even the space is important.

code:

n, e  

if indextest = 1, n, e

This will post it with no A60 or A61 from now on.

I would get in the dissucsion about mulit post for the no N line or have 2 post one for each machine done the way you like. I would think about contacting my dealer and get better ways to do what you want mine are not correct but work.

Good Luck Crazy Millman

[ 09-17-2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Crazy Millman ]