Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

points to arcs

harleysport

while I was on vacation we got new computers. IT installed X7 by downloading off of the web. I am unable to utilize the points to arcs c-hook. I used it constantly in X6. Is anyone else having a problem using this c-hook or have any suggestions on fixing it? I think if we reloaded from the disk, if we ever receive our copies, it would take care of it since there are other small glitches that I am encounter on both of my systems. any help would be much appreciated.

What do you mean you're unable to use it? It's not there? You get an error message? More info please.

Perhaps check the data paths in your config file to make sure it's not looking to the X6 chooks folder (if one still exists).

Thad

I choose the c-hook, choose the points, which highlight like they are supposed to, and thats it. I can not go any further. the green button does not illuminate. the option to choose what size arc does not pop-up, nothing. these are fresh computers, no other version of Mastercam has ever been installed on them.

The major version (the only really important one) on these DLLs is "16", which means -> X7

Are you running 32 or 64-bit Mastercam X7?

You must install the version of the Addon with the proper "bit-ness" to match your Mastercam.

http://www.mastercam...X7/Default.aspx

Scroll down to the AddOn section and download the appropriate Pts2Arcs (32 or 64-bit) package.

For example, the 64-bit version ->

The Pts2Arcs[x64].msi in the ZIP you download is dated 7/29/2013

Un-Install any previous version of the Pts2Arcs Addon and then install this new one.

Start X7 and run the Pt2sArcs CHook

If no points are currently selected, you should see an on-screen prompt -> Pts2Arcs: Select Points

If thee are points already pre-selected when you run the CHook, you'll get the Pts2Arcs Dialog.