Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

locking of B and C axis in mastercam multaxis

KenD

I would like to machine along Z axis direction on a face of a model. Cannot get flowline 5 axis to lock head rotation and tilt of router head. Is there a better Toolpath to use. Can it be done with a 3d surface finish toolpaths.

Isn't there an option for min/max angles?

Mick, there is, but it's a lot easier to just build a plane and use a 3d Flowline surface toolpath IMO.

Also, using the min/max angle settings on the 5axis toolpaths has created some posting issues for me in the past.

You may get a "Vertical Tool Detected" warning if you use a plane or missing code if you use 0 angle in the limits.

Mick, there is, but it's a lot easier to just build a plane and use a 3d Flowline surface toolpath IMO.

Also, using the min/max angle settings on the 5axis toolpaths has created some posting issues for me in the past.

You may get a "Vertical Tool Detected" warning if you use a plane or missing code if you use 0 angle in the limits.

Thats true. Actually, in hindsight it makes a lot of sense to use a plane, and a 3 axis path.

We're getting our first 5 axis machine in under a month, so I am in for quite a lot of learning :)

I ended up going to back to 5x flowline creating lines at 30 deg and rotating every 45 deg for a complete circle. Then picking tool axis control-lines and picking thoses lines at the angles needed for tool control. Looks good on backplot. Will run above tooling foam tomorrow.