Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Centronics Controller Question

Mick

Hi there,

Sunday afternoon, and here I am sitting, tweaking a post processor for a customer frown.gif

Anyway, anyone here experienced with these controllers? The customer has supplied a couple of sample programs, but they vary in format. One ends with M30, and other doesn't.

Also, with drilling cycles, they have a line G43 D4, and then on the following line, a H number (matching the D number). However, in a contouring program, they dont have the D number, only the H number.

According to them, both sample programs work (they were manually written), and they want the post to match the output.

They are also programming incrementally, but I can't find a Incremental/Absolute switch in the post, except for one that switches an intial G91/G90 output at the start of the program. However, the co-ordinates are still output in absolute.

Any input would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Cheers,

Mick

That one sounds like a good one for James. Do they understand the different from incremental and absolute. I understand the H and D just a flip flop of what you would want it to be. I have seen some controllers do an implied height offset on some operation and not one otehr though I just always defaluted them anywhere I dont think it should hurt anything.

I am just throwing things out there. I have not seen or ran this type of machine just trying to give different ideas.

Crazy Millman

Well, aside from that, they're programming one machine (A Hyundai with a Siemens controller) in absolute, and the Centronics in incremental. I would figure that it would be wise to programme both in the same method, to try and maintain some kind of standard. Just my thought smile.gif

Cheers,

Mick