Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Questions about Verify in X7 SP2

Matthew

I have a couple questions about verify in X7 SP2.

1. Is there a way to set defaults for when I enter verify? For example - Stop Conditions, I would like it to always have "Operation Change" and "Collision" by default. Currently there are no stop conditions set when I enter verify for the first time using Mastercam. They will stay until I shutdown Mastercam. I believe this could also go with defaults for Collision Checking and Material Cutting, although they seem to default to settings I like (can't remember if I set them or if they were default with the new installation)

2. There are check boxes to show Stock, Initial Stock, Fixtures, Workpiece. I believe stock is setup from the Backplot/ Verify options button in the operations manager, but what about the fixtures, initial stock and workpiece? How do I define which modes represents these?

3. Compare - Probably along the same lines of questions #2, is can show the stock of the model, but where to set the model?

4. Sectioning the verified results - Often times I would use this to show the insides of a specific feature, say and groove that has tapered lead-in and lead-out on a bore. I would pick a point and pick the side to keep and 80% of the time I would get the results I wanted. Now I have 4 options of where to section the results. Can I change this position so it intersects a specific feature?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi Matt, I see you are from Kitchener as am I. I don't have all the answers but for the question #1 I believe you can't any longer, I have looked all over for these settings and as far as I know they have to be setup everytime you restart MasterCAM. even the animation speed has to be set everytime. Also as far as I know the sectioning only works as you described it.