Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OKK parameters

jeffl

Having trouble communicating with our OKK machine. Recently tried to drip feed, but was unsuccessful and now can't even send to the machine. Please help.

Below are the parameters of the OKK:

1 Device Name

2 Baud Rate

3 Stop Bit

4 Parity Effective

5 Even Parity

6 Chr. Length

7 Terminator Type

8 Terminator Code 1

9 Terminator Code 2

10 Rewind Code

11 Handshake

12 DC Code Parity

I made sure all parameters match the dnc settings, but I keep getting errors.

Is anyone familiar with these parameters? I know the Baud rate(4800), stop bits(2), and parity(even), but that is the extent.

Jeffl If I remember correct sometimes one has to be different on the stop bits with some machines. I would also make sure that the cable is set up right. i would ckeck that you are not over 50 feet in length. That looks more like a menu to see what each paramet is verse what they are I would call my machine builder and go from there.

Crazy Millman

What are you using for a cable ?

Did you make the cable if so did you cross the wire properly for the cable end at the machine by the book or the manufacture.

Can you receive at the computer by that can you send out a program, this is were you want to start.

maks sure like you have that the setting match on both ends.

Are you getting any alarms?

What are you using to DNC with?

the legnth of the cable would not not make it commuicate but you can losse data over a long run of over 100 ft or more at the higher baud rates.

The OKK is 20 yrs+ old. The hard drive can handle up to a whopping 17kb. The RS232 cable is only about 20 feet max, so I don't think that is the problem. I tried to use Hyperterminal to drip feed, but kept getting errors from characters being dropped out. A few versions ago in Mastercam, we were able to use the supplied editor to drip feed to the machine. I'm not sure which editor or version it was. If anyone knows of this, let me know.

Thanks

jeffl,

I went out in the shop to see what our settings are for the OKKs when using a laptop to DNC.

1 Device Name - lap

2 Baud Rate - 1

3 Stop Bit - 3

4 Parity Effective - 0

5 Even Parity - 0

6 Chr. Length - 3

7 Terminator Type - 0

8 Terminator Code 1 - 00

9 Terminator Code 2 - 00

10 Rewind Code - 00

11 Handshake - 3

12 DC Code Parity - 3

These are the setting that are shown in the control. Hope this is some help to you.

Paul

You can use the out of the Box Mastercam to communicate and do so with drip feed you can also use Cimco to do the same just set u peach one correct and go from there. If goingto use mastercam to communicate then you will want to tell it not to use the post for the setting if using the post just make sure you changes the according parts of the post good luck.

Crazy Millman

I found that my char length and parity have to be different when sending to the OKK machine. At the PC I have 7-2-E and at the machine I have 8-2-O. Has anyone ever needed to do this? I am still losing characters when trying to drip feed. Does this have to do with the DC code?