Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Defined In Both Spindles

Mick

Anybody doing Stock Transfer in X7? I still get this error sometimes when transferring from the Main to Sub Spindle. I recall utility (something like Stock Eject.dll or something), in an earlier version that allowed one of the stocks to be removed.

It seems kind of ridiculous to have to delete the Stock Transfer and redo it.

I would have thought this had been fixed by now...

In the stock setup, do you have stock defined in both spindles?

If so, maybe it is choking on the fact that it already thinks there is stock in the 2nd spindle, and now with the stock transfer you are trying to put stock on top of the stock from the stock setup.

stock

stock

stock.

:guitar:

In the stock setup, do you have stock defined in both spindles?

If so, maybe it is choking on the fact that it already thinks there is stock in the 2nd spindle, and now with the stock transfer you are trying to put stock on top of the stock from the stock setup.

stock

stock

stock.

:guitar:

Nope. I defined Stock in the left spindle. Then did a stock transfer operation. The stock was moved to the right spindle. Everything was fine.

Somewhere along the line it ends up having stock defined in both spindles. This has been a problem through X5, X6 and now still in X7.

To get around this problem in X6 I always used to move the red insertion arrow up above the stock transfer operation prior to deleting it. I have not tried it in X7 yet.

I did try that, and it didn't work for me.

However, one shouldn't have to delete the stock transfer operation in the first place :)

Mick,

We have been doing work in this area and I am hoping your issue is addressed in the next release. Would you mind sending us your file exhibiting this error so we can have a look? Shoot it over to [email protected] and let them know that I asked for it.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

I can send the file, but since I have fixed the issue, I can't replicate it. I'll try to recreate the issue again today.

I was at CNC Software about four or five years ago, and I was given a "Stock Eject.DLL" or something to that effect c-hook, that effectively allowed you to remove the stock from the second spindle and leave the stock in the main spindle. Whatever happened to that?

Once you've created the stock transfer, you have a piece of stock defined in both spindles. You don't have to delete the stock transfer, just the second piece of stock before you regenerate. We talked about this in last Saturdays class. I'll check with Micah and see when the video will be posted.

Colin, I can't delete the right spindle stock. It won't allow me to do so. The only way to remove that second stock, is delete the stock transfer operation. Then it allows me to delete the stock.

Hi Mick,

We'd like to see the file, even if you can't reproduce the error. You mentioned not being able to delete the stock. I have no idea about the Eject Stock C-Hook, that is new to me.

Can you try moving the Insertion Point ahead of the Stock Transfer Op? See if that will let you do continue. I'm pretty certain this has at least been looked at in X7 MU1. I had a couple files that would fail reliably in X7 SP2 that regenerate without issue in X7 MU1.

Thanks,

Colin