Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Library Default

drafting3

So, I've been having this issue with X7 and been too lazy to do anything about it.

X7 keeps defaulting to a tool library that has no tools in it. So, anytime I want to start a new file, i have to go in and select a different tool library.

I've tried changing the configuration file to point to a different library, but after I shut down X7 it resets.

Any Ideas?

In a related issue, I've tried changing my default file locations and it ALWAYS resets after I restart X7.

The tool database that you would like to use as a default should be set in the machine definition that you are using as a default,....

If you tried to set the default library in the system config under file usage, you should reset it back to the mill_inch.tooldb that resides in the shared mcamx7/ mill/ tools folder. If you are running a metric config it would be mill_mm.tooldb.

When changing settings in the system config it's best to do it in a "New File".

To associate the tool database to the machine def, go to the settings dropdown, open the machine definition, select general machine parameters, select the tab for tool/material libraries then use the open folder icon to associate the tool database to the machine def.

Also be aware that you cannot use a legacy tool library in McamX7,...

ie: Custom Stuff.Tools-6 <<< this would need to be updated to a tool database to be used in McamX7.