Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Stock model issues...

Bob W.

I just installed X7 and my first attempt at actually using it isn't going so well. I am trying to generate a stock model of some fairly complex operations and it crunches for ~30 minutes then stops, showing a dirty operation for the stock model. The multi-threading manager shows that everything is complete but the stock model is dirty. Am I doing something wrong? I don't yet have the 'Tribal knowledge guide to getting results from X7' yet so I am at a loss... It would be soooo nice if with one of these new releases I installed it, opened it up and it just worked... Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

It would be soooo nice if with one of these new releases I installed it, opened it up and it just worked...

Now your just talking crazy Bob.. lol

but seriously though.. I cant think of any one thing to specifically look for .. to track it down which toolpath is causing it.. I would try doing groups of toolpaths, like do first half and second half into two stock models, then if the second one is the one that bombs.. break the second group into two more.. etc etc till you track down which toolpath is causing it..

It could be a tool definition that's causing the issue, I know I have had a lot of issues with tools that worked fine in X6..

Bob are you using tons of operations? Does it have a custom tool you are sure came across defined correctly? What has the dealer seen in a gotomeeting? When you open one of the sample file and run it does it crash and give you a fit like this file does? I am liking stock model, but I am using different op models. I like breaking them up and then deciding when and how I want to use them. I could throw everything in one model, but why make it harder than it has to be? If that is what you want you sure could do that, but I would make sure I am running a screamer of a computer before even thinking about getting super complex with a stock model. Here I am running an I-7 2960XM with 32gig of Ram with a Quardo FX 4000M card. I sometimes wish I had 64 gig of Ram. At Westec tomorrow or I would be glad to help you, but get in touch with your dealer because I am very happy with X7 Sp2.

Bob are you using tons of operations? Does it have a custom tool you are sure came across defined correctly? What has the dealer seen in a gotomeeting? When you open one of the sample file and run it does it crash and give you a fit like this file does? I am liking stock model, but I am using different op models. I like breaking them up and then deciding when and how I want to use them. I could throw everything in one model, but why make it harder than it has to be? If that is what you want you sure could do that, but I would make sure I am running a screamer of a computer before even thinking. Here I am running an I-7 2960XM with 32gig of Ram with a Quardo FX 4000M card. I sometimes wish I had 64 gig of Ram. At Westec tomorrow, but get in touch with your dealer because I am very happy with X7 Sp2.

I'll be in touch with my dealer first thing in the morning. Pretty standard in that there aren't any custom tools but it is a very complex file with a lot going on. I did get it to work be creating more stock models with fewer operations in each model. I have a solid computer but I do need more ram. I currently have 16Gb with a FX4000 graphics card.