Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Verify quality bad

Wox

Hello,

i have a problem with the X7 Verify Simulation.

Look at the Attach File. The quality is very bad.

What can i change that this will be better?

I have look at the MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml but i don't find something?

Sincerely

post-46070-0-81930400-1381996992_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's the trade-off between speed and accuracy.

Old verify could be brutally slow, this is faster and allows you to see greater detail up close, overall, I find my usage to actually be faster as I don't have to run a slow verify to get all my detail

I for one wish you had the ability to increase the overall accuracy to you could get the entire part looking nice (like old verify). I'm loving the speed for the larger more complex stuff, but I would not mind having the choice to wait a few extra minutes to be able to get something really nice right off the bat. Can this be modified through the XML file?

Mike

In the XML file look for Precision Factor. Default setting is 1. Set it to 2 or 2.5 and try that but remember it will drastically slow down verification speed. It will improve the visual quality to some extent.

Thanks YOU!!! That works. I have set it to 8 :) If i wont faster i can change the qualitiy with the quality slider.

In the XML file look for Precision Factor. Default setting is 1. Set it to 2 or 2.5 and try that but remember it will drastically slow down verification speed. It will improve the visual quality to some extent.

This worked very well for us. Even at a high setting it still works great. Not a much of a noticeable difference on parts that I've done so far.

I'm at 20 and it is still wayyy faster than old verify. Quality is great.

Mike

FYI, after reading this post I decided to push the limits and changed my precision factor number up a bit. Left it at 8 when I went home last night and when I tried Verify this morning it just locked up and crashed MasterCam (stalled with no recovery).

Had to change the setting in the XML back to get it to work again.

I leave my Precisionfactor at 2.5 and the Precisionindex at 5. that is a pretty good happy medium as far as speed and visual quality. By leaving the Precisionindex at 5 it will load the file faster and if you need better quality you can bump it up from there. I have had my Precisonindex and Precisionfactor cranked up higher before but when you have to "accurate zoom" an area it can take a great deal of time to process or even lock up. I have spent a great deal of time trying to find the settings that I can live with. Don't forget that changing some of these settings will not take effect unless you restart Mastercam.

FYI, after reading this post I decided to push the limits and changed my precision factor number up a bit. Left it at 8 when I went home last night and when I tried Verify this morning it just locked up and crashed MasterCam (stalled with no recovery).

Had to change the setting in the XML back to get it to work again.

Mines still going good. Pretty happy with speed and accuracy. Running on a solid box T3600.

Mike

Mines still going good. Pretty happy with speed and accuracy. Running on a solid box T3600.

Mike

Are you sure it is the Precision Factor you have set at 8 and not the Precision Index. We are running high end Dell T7500's at my shop. They all have 24 Gigs of ram and setting the Precision Factor to 8 will give an out of memory error or corrupt memory on even a fairly simple part. Then if you do get it to run verify and try to use accurate zoom, forget about it. If you are actually able to run it that high stably don't ever get rid of that PC. Remember that when you change some of the settings in the XML you have to restart X7 for them to actually take.

That's the trade-off between speed and accuracy.

Old verify could be brutally slow, this is faster and allows you to see greater detail up close, overall, I find my usage to actually be faster as I don't have to run a slow verify to get all my detail

Wish this was the case on my machine. Verify takes 20-30 seconds just to activte the play button on a very simple 2 tool program, it also crashes about 25% of the time. Because of the new verify, what took me 6 hours in X6 now takes 8 in X7.

My machine is a Dell Precision M4700 16GB ram and Quadro 2000

What xml file is everyone talking about? I've been through every directory in "my mcamx7" and don't have one xml file.