Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trend Micro - Opti path interferance

MrFish

People running Trend micro security be aware that it may be affecting your Mastercam execution.

As mentioned previously in threads on here we were having trouble with any of the 3d opti paths not processing and would just get "computational error" errors. No other indication of what was going wrong. QC effectively put it in the too hard basket after trying to sort it out because they weren't seeing any issue at there end . Anyway by a fluke I have worked out that Trend is some how interfering with the processing going on in the background and causing the "computational error".

So if your running Trend and having "computational error" issues it might be worth a try to disable it.

MrFish,

Ran across this problem back in June. Logged it with my reseller who sent it up to CNC Software.

They called and we talked about as well as exchanging emails, however they did not find a resolution. If I disabled Trend Micro, the opti paths preformed perfectly. I resolved the problem by removing Trend Micro and installing Microsoft Essentials. The complex tool paths compute with no problems and the computer is faster as well.

Ken

MrFish,

Ran across this problem back in June. Logged it with my reseller who sent it up to CNC Software.

They called and we talked about as well as exchanging emails, however they did not find a resolution. If I disabled Trend Micro, the opti paths preformed perfectly. I resolved the problem by removing Trend Micro and installing Microsoft Essentials. The complex tool paths compute with no problems and the computer is faster as well.

Ken

Interesting Ken, there is obviously no internal communication at CNC software about the issue then as I only stumbled across it by mistake after hours spent doing re-installs , configuration etc at CNC softwares suggestion but no mention of Trend possibly being an issue !

Don't mean to pick on CNC, but they knew - My understanding was I wasn't the only one who had problems. I can't imagine how they can trouble shoot a problem of this type...Is it Mastercam or is it Trend Micro. Just tickled that I found a way to resolve the problem - as you, it was by accident (or was it desperation), I determined that disabling Trend Micro was the solution.

Don't mean to pick on CNC, but they knew - My understanding was I wasn't the only one who had problems. I can't imagine how they can trouble shoot a problem of this type...Is it Mastercam or is it Trend Micro. Just tickled that I found a way to resolve the problem - as you, it was by accident (or was it desperation), I determined that disabling Trend Micro was the solution.

I can understand how hard it would be to trouble shoot the problem, but if they knew there were issues with Trend , you'd think they would ask you if you were running it before all the other work we went through testing for the cause of the problem.

Well the name of this topic as "Heads Up" certainly doesn't give lend itself to forum searching.

Good point, will take that into consideration next post :-)