Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trapezoidal Type Pulley (timing pulley)

DavidB

I'm trying to find out more info on the tooth profile for a trapezoidal timing gear. (Gilmer Drive)

Can someone please help with any info?

What I have is a timing belt which has .375" pitch and I want to make a few different diameter timing gears. I want to make a form tool up so I can cut each valley in one pass.

I'm looking at doing these on a Lathe with C-axis and live tooling.

These pulleys are for an engine I'm building (pic attached) made from Alloy. I want to increase the diameter of the crank and water pump pulleys.

Any help appreciated

Cheers Dave

post-5191-0-59495800-1388915919_thumb.jpg

^^^^Never heard of that, I'll check it out.

I'm surprised. I've never run accross anything that wasn't in the Mark's handbook, but not a word about link/ timing belts. My copy is pretty old, but link belts have been around for a long time. Huh? I'd take a look and download the patent. That'll give you the calculations for the teeth