Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 verify default settings and queries

Newbeeee™

Hi all, I've got some X7 verify questions:-

1. Anyone know how to get the backplot/verify to initially load with full screen? I have clicked 'save defaults' when full screen but it doesn't stick when opening mastercam again?

2. The 'move list/collision report' I would like dragged a little larger, so I can see X Y and also Z values. Again this doesn't stick when dragged.

3. Doing a 4th axis rotary drilling job at present - can 'A' (index) angle be shown in the 'Move List' - XYZ shows?

4. When stepping thru backplot, the 'Move list' doesn't show the correct point for the drill. Clearance plane value is correct, but it shows the R value when the tool is at the bottom of the hole, and when stepped again where the tool retracts back up, the Z value is showing the bottom of the hole???

5. Lastly (for now :D) is there any way of getting the rapid path shown on index? It would be good to see the radial move between index positions.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Hi all, I've got some X7 verify questions:-

1. Anyone know how to get the backplot/verify to initially load with full screen? I have clicked 'save defaults' when full screen but it doesn't stick when opening mastercam again?

2. The 'move list/collision report' I would like dragged a little larger, so I can see X Y and also Z values. Again this doesn't stick when dragged.

3. Doing a 4th axis rotary drilling job at present - can 'A' (index) angle be shown in the 'Move List' - XYZ shows?

4. When stepping thru backplot, the 'Move list' doesn't show the correct point for the drill. Clearance plane value is correct, but it shows the R value when the tool is at the bottom of the hole, and when stepped again where the tool retracts back up, the Z value is showing the bottom of the hole???

5. Lastly (for now :D) is there any way of getting the rapid path shown on index? It would be good to see the radial move between index positions.

I think they are all things someone from QC or the Product Manager is going to have to answer.

Hello Newbeeee,

I will give an answer for each:

1. Not sure, I will need to get back to you on this. There are some registry keys, but want to confirm before I tell you which one.

2. Same as 1.

3. That will have to be an enhancement, makes a lot of sense though. I will add it.

4. We are currently re-working the move list data to be values relative to WCS so that the values make sense. Currently they are reporting world coords which is only correct in a very small subset of toolpaths.

5.That would also be an enhancement. How that move is made is not in the NCI but rather determined by the post/control being used. We are working on making it smarter by using the values set in the machine definition (i know its about time we use those values). It has caused some confusion with dog-leg moves in mill parts that show a gouge where there weren't before. Changing how rapids are handled in the machine/control def. resolves that issue.

We are always looking for ways to improve the interface so please continue to make suggestions.

Ken,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know ref number 1 and 2.

No 4 - yes this wants some urgency really as quite often the values are 'junk' which is no help to man/beast.

Regarding 5 - is that an enhancement request you want me to submit?

We are using NCPlot which shows the radial path which is great, but obviously won't show collisions as NCPlot is only posted code driven.

For our application, we have a straight up clearance retract followed by a straight radial index, so hopefully this wouldn't be too much trouble to implement?

But I'm probably over simplifying things :D

I will add the enhancements myself, no need for extra emails.

I spoke with the programmers and for option 1. "User must open Mastercam&UBVS. Maximize UBVS window. Close UBVS , close Mastercam. Next time he opens UBVS, the last window size & pos is remembered". I tested this in X7MU1 and it work as described.

Item 2. The value for the width of the move list is hard coded at this point. We will be using and saving "workspaces" in the future and this will be an item that is saved.