Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opti-core-roughing

j.nguyen

I have found myself using all of the Opti and Dynamic toolpaths more and more for most everything. The constant tool engagement lets me push high speed machining techniques to their limits and really extend tool life. The crew at Mastercam really puts a lot of effort into toolpath algorithm's so that we can stay competitive in our industries. It's much appreciated and the major reason I've stuck with Mastercam over the years instead of getting frustrated with the occasional bug or issue. It also helps that there's such a dynamic community for Mastercam and fantastic support.

*cheers* :laughing:

Ditto!!

I have changed many of my constant use programs over to Opti and dynamic, the savings are fantastic, and, the hidden bonuses are slowly coming to fruition.

The reduction of finishing toolpaths and the complete elimination of tools for subsequent ops are just a couple of the "un-obvious" features.

Cycle time, both in roughing and finishing ops has been slashed, up to 70% in many cases.

Haas Mini-mill? 7 1/2 HP. 120. ipm, in 4340? dry? Just wish it had some more RPM!

Thank you for the work you have put into these toolpaths, and the overall improvements that have been made!

35 yrs in this trade, 20 of it with Mastercam, and I still get excited watching a cool program run, Opti and dynamic are cool!

"D"

35 yrs in this trade, 20 of it with Mastercam, and I still get excited watching a cool program run, Opti and dynamic are cool!

Same here... I just roughed a 2" square out of a diameter that was case hardened using Dynamic Core Mill and it was cool watching the stock peel off like butter.

I love the new strategies and am constantly trying to incorporate them into my programs.