Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SLDPRT file importing

CRW

Now let's try registering the swdocomentmgr.dll

• Browse to C:\Program Files\mcamx7
  • right click on " McamAdvConfig.exe" and select "Run as Administrator"
  • select "Mastercam X7" from the drop
  • click on "Components"
  • in the right hand window browse to "C:\Program Files\mcamx7\common\SWORKSDATA"
  • right click on " SwDocumentMgr.dll" and select "Register Component"
    • You should get a message "Registry operations completed successfully"

[*]Start Mastercam and try opening your file again

[*]Also don't forget to return the Windows UAC to its previous state.

I followed these steps and it fixed the problem on two of our computers.

O.k., everything was working just fine for me up until today, I start getting the "Cannot find Parasolids data in SolidWorks file" pop-up error.

I haven't tried the fixes suggested above yet, but it seems weird that it just stopped working for me.

Running X7 MU1 and SolidWorks 2014.

CRW, what worked as a fix for you?

Oscar, that can happen when you've made a change to either your MC or SW install - since they share SWDocumentMgr.DLL, and whoever registered it last wins. Having said that, if you're running MC X7 Mu1 and SW 2014, the SWDocumentMgr.DLL should be the same.

Re-register Common\SWorksData\SWDocumentMgr.DLL (instructions are earlier in this thread) and you should be all set.

Also, note that that message will also come up if the part has no solids. Also, it can happen if the part is open in SW at the time you try to open it in MC.

Oscar, that can happen when you've made a change to either your MC or SW install - since they share SWDocumentMgr.DLL, and whoever registered it last wins. Having said that, if you're running MC X7 Mu1 and SW 2014, the SWDocumentMgr.DLL should be the same.

Re-register Common\SWorksData\SWDocumentMgr.DLL (instructions are earlier in this thread) and you should be all set.

Also, note that that message will also come up if the part has no solids. Also, it can happen if the part is open in SW at the time you try to open it in MC.

Pete, thanks for the help. Finally got it to work.

A few notes here though.

I tried registering the SWDocumentMgr.DLL using the first methods described above.

At first attempt, I had similar problems as CRW with multiple failed attempts.

What finally ended up working for me is the last method that you described above. The key being "Run as Administrator" when

right clicking on " McamAdvConfig.exe".

Thanks again for the help.

• Like 1

Oscar,

What finally worked for me was what Ryan suggested in post #28. The first time I tried it, it wouldn't work, but the second time it did. I must've mistyped a character the first time.

Cliff

Cliff,

Thanks for the response. I'll keep that in mind if it fails again.

So far the fix has been working for me. Hopefully it holds up.