Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wire transform question

Oppiz

I have 2 different contours side by side each with their own wire thread point and I want multiples of them in basic array pattern. I'm trying to program this using transform and I want to leave a tab for each contour and then go back and cut the tab after ALL the contours are done. I can't get tranform to do this for me.

Can you just have multiple geometry with your parts already arrayed and window contour all of them without taking the tab pass and then window contour again taking only tab passes.

Thanks Del, I'm trying to get transform to do this for me but I've failed. I've used your method before with success, but I just tried it and its not selecting them in the right order (wire thread then contour) its jumping all over the place. I tried using "sort option" and that didn't help.

Thanks Del, I'm trying to get transform to do this for me but I've failed. I've used your method before with success, but I just tried it and its not selecting them in the right order (wire thread then contour) its jumping all over the place. I tried using "sort option" and that didn't help.

Same here when window contouring. It goes where it wants.

This is what I'm trying to get away from . I'm looking for a less cumbersome option.

Yep, I have a part I'm going to do that is a solid model. I have to create edge curves to get a wireframe and then project to flat planes. After looking at Esprit Wire all I have to do is select faces and bam I have my geometry.

Yep, I have a part I'm going to do that is a solid model. I have to create edge curves to get a wireframe and then project to flat planes. After looking at Esprit Wire all I have to do is select faces and bam I have my geometry.

Del, If you have a solid model use "Solids Layout" it works great for creating wireframe geometry for edm profiles. I use custom size with a 4 view ansi, then delete the stuff you don't need.

• Like 1

Del, If you have a solid model use "Solids Layout" it works great for creating wireframe geometry for edm profiles. I use custom size with a 4 view ansi, then delete the stuff you don't need.

If a part is surfaced and shaded is that considered a solid?

It could still be surfaces, Check Screens >> Statistics. Also if you pick a face & the whole model is selected it will be a solid. I believe you need the MC Solids add on to use Solid Layout.

. Thanks! Not a solid then because only faces highlight.