Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th Axis Problem.

crazy^millman

Ok here is the situtation. I have the part I am making it is in MC9 as 7 4th Axis.Zip on the FTP. I have in the past taken my models and just turned them to the top plane and machined them from there. You will see them on different layers. I have heard so many of you tell me the error of my ways and I have been listening. I took this part and said what the hell. Well my problem is that it verify's perfect and look like a dream but its posted out code for all of the bottom plane paths with x in a minus direction. Now I am concered cause I then took and turned my WCS on these toolpaths to be at the bottom and then did this for thee T-plane and C-plane and it worked good for 2 of 5 operation making the Z right and the X right. Now here in the problem now my Z is wrong on the last three operations but they are done the same way. WTF is about all I can say it does fine on front and back but not bottom it also verifys in Verify perfect but does not post a program right and I have Use Haas to MpMaster and still get a funky things. I of cousre have the part promised by other people to the customer last Friday and since I am here pretty much for free are at the point to take this freaking computer and see what a 4" facemill will do to it.

I can go in and start playing with C-planes and other things but maybe in my averagation at this point just not seeing something. I would ask those of you kind enough to take a look at this to please point in any direction or point out to me my mistakes and glady take that from anyone. Again thank you in advance for your help and time in this matter.

Crazy Millman

Jay it is Alum 6061 and it a 2" round bar stock. I got the thing working went got me some lunch and came back with a clear head and got it working. That still doesnt explain why 2 of 5 operations work and 3 others have to be done so weird. I ended up taking the 3 funked operation and giving them a compltely different t-plane and c-plane that was 180 looking normal to the part at the bottom and that made it work. I just cant understand how 2 operation are different that this and do right and then these 3 have to be done this way to work.

Crazy Millman

Thanks For looking at it JAY cheers.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 10-09-2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Millman, take a look,Its called new7 4th axis.

I edited in the 2nd opp the spot drill cycle and called the wcs new bottom. I assum that is what you were talking about. the system fliped your part around on you, let me know if thats the fix and I tell you what I did. if not I'll look at it agian.

Thanks May^Day I got what you are doing there. I ended doing the same thing. I am just puzzeld cuase if you look at the verify of that part it look perfect then you post the code from that and it is not. If you look at the pocket operation that is 180 degree above the last three operation if has be done different that them to create the same effect. I then also found out I have a bad post and even a freshly installed MpFadal2 and still crashed through the part. I am having to use a Hass post to make the part and then had to modify it to support E fixture offset but still having to do crazy things to WCS and T-plane to get the part to come out right.

The crazy stuff is what is pissing me off. I do front and back and have no problems but then do bottom and I have to do 2 operation one way and the 3 operation another way. I could understand if I had to swap all 5 operation on X axis to gte it to post right but to do a couple one way then the other another then that be different that front and back i mean WTF.

Crazy Millman confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Yeah I know May^Day and I appericate that!!!!!!!!

I just hate it when I know I am doing soemthing right and it comes out wrong and well with the lack of apperication I am getting around here just more stress I dont need if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah I wil be flying out to set up your machine in about 2 weeks to do this job so get ready. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif J/K they are missle tips for a rocket and someone didnt think they needed to have a smooth finish and really meet the customer needs of .005 total tolerance. I just have to shake my head and go WTF just another day in Pardise.

Crazy Millman