Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

edit jump in V9

Eric S.

Hello

I finally have a couple of minutes to spare so I am trying to figure out some previous problems. I have found that when changing from V8 to V9 the edit jump when drilling has changed. When jumping to clear a clamp I usually had to point edit the hole before the clamp and give it a jump height. This worked well in V8 but now what happens in V9 is the tool jumps in and out of the hole I edited? This problem has forced me to make separate toolpaths when I want to clear a clamp...not what I need frown.gif . Any one know of a way this can be fixed?

Thank you.

Eric

Eric if you go back and look through soem old thread I have seen this talked about. I will say that the g98 you are use t oin NC programing is now the clereance with the use and start and end unchecked. The g99 pretty much stays in effect if you only use retract. I do alot od different depth cavitiy casting and 3d models and use it in both ways to prefection. I will mostly use incremental retract set at my distance out then if I am cetner drilling or even drill like holes at 40 different Z depths I can do this in one operation using the clereance as my control where as if it is a falt one I do not use clerance. I hope that helps.

Crazy Millman

Thanks for the reply Millman.

I have searched the old threads but have not found the answer yet. I am not sure if I follow you? If you use clearance to to jump over obstacles, the drill would come up to that height each time...no? I only want it to jump once.