Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

correct directory posting by mastercam

JeremyV

I'm not sure how to word this but in the machine parameters section under tool path directory, how do you get mastercam to automatically save it to the correct directory instead of a set location?

Say if you set your location to C:\ and you want your tool path to show up in the folder you are actually working from and not at C:\ then having to navigate to post it to the right folder, isn't there a setting somewhere so mastercam automatically saves it in its proper place instead of a specific spot? We have multiple folders saved on a server and within that has multiple folders within it for organization of programs based on the drawing names, so.... i was racking my mind on friday trying to figure this out.... any suggestions?

-JD

Have you looked at the toolpath directory in the machine group properties section for a machine group in the operations manager? There is also the Mil NC Programs (NC) under the System configuration setting in Files that controls this. If you wanted to get slick you could make up different .configs for machines or types of machines and have this set to a specific place. Then as you are making programs for those machines you would click on that shortcut using that config and be pretty much dialed in.

HTH

I did find a little problem with this method. It seems to use last and not current on my computer. Eric has it always gone right to the same folder as the Mastercam without fail for you?

I ran into the same issue...and an even bigger one if I picked the .nci file to use the same path. This became more problematic if I used one workstation to work on a file....then move to another. I switched back to my original defaults on my machine definitions.

One other way to get the correct path lined up...and I have not found any problems with it.... is under File/Project Manager. Way slick and easy to use.

I did find a little problem with this method. It seems to use last and not current on my computer. Eric has it always gone right to the same folder as the Mastercam without fail for you?

I noticed that too. We however can't keep all files in one directory since we have millions of files on the servers spread across 5 main folders for alphabetical, numerical, customer, (our company) and standards, plus a temp folder, so =\

To be totally honest, I haven't used this method. I just recently got this video sent to me, thought it applied to the topic, and so forwarded it on. Once we post a program and it is proven out on the machine, we save those to a different server dedicated to know production jobs. I don't keep NC files just posted from MC, there is always something set-up wise or such that we add in the program after the fact. I will inform my reseller of this, and see what they have to say and get back to you.