Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpaths Group as Program Name:

crazy^millman

I have looked all through the Post Help Reference guide. I do all of my program for a prt pretty much in one program just using different levels and using different Toolpath names.

Examples as such 1STFACE which may have 20 operations to make up this program which I would like to have as program name then I could have 2NDSIDE which could have 8 operations and would like to have this as the next program name also and etc..... It is problay a easy fix but I can't seem to find it.

I was going to sit here and type the 100's name that help so much on here but after about 20 names thought better of it. So I say I big thanks to all of you.

This me trying to figure it out: c_018.gif

Crazy Millman

If I understand your quesiton correctly, this should do it for you:

- Click on the operation group to select all ops in the group

- Right click on the group and select Options

- Select 'Change NCI destination'

- Change the NCI file name to be the same as the group name

- When you post, each group with a different NCI file name will post seperatly, and each one will use the NCI file name as the program name. That file name will be the first comment in the NC file.

If that ain't it, please let me know and I'll do some more thinking.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes, what Jay said. This wil do it automatically. This si how i have my system set up and it works like a charm.

You can modify psof in your post to get it to output that name wherever you want it.

HTH

Thanks Guys as always you come through like a champ. I was thinking I was on the right track just wasn't really sure if you guy like have a bunch of NCI files for one part but I guess if you think about it in essense you really do cuase you need that for the NC files. Oh yeah I think I am getting a better understand of the buffers and how they can work on my past problem with the set-up sheet and the max-min question. If I get stuck on that I will put it back up just not had the time to mess with it anymore.

I say a thnaks to you guys and appericate the help. cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Hey James my kid is due Dec 6, day before my birthday hows your doing been born yet. Good luck with that and I guess we go back to late nights. I will be having some fun soon in a 2 bedroom apartment with in-laws coming from Brazil anyone want to trade. J/K family is what makes it all worth it and the fact I really making crazy stuff helps too.

Crazy Millman