Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

logitech mouse customize buttons

Tim Pruett

I have a Logitech g400 mouse which I have the buttons next my thumb programed for alt and enter. Every time I restart the computer there's a windows page that opens that says Logitech. I close it but now the customized buttons won't work in mastercam. I have to click on the Logitech mouse icon and when I hear the bing bong sound they will start working. Any ideas? Couldn't find anything on line or here on the forum. Thanks, Tim

i have the m510, does the g400 still utilize the set point software? i had a problem some time ago with the customizing functions for the buttons not working properly, i believe i uninstalled and then reinstalled the set point software and it worked fine after that

GIve me a couple of weeks. Its very sensitive in movement and the standard mouse buttons. Movement can be adjusted to 4 different user settings at any time. The round mouse button on the left side is a 5 way hat control. If you push in on the Hat is slows the cursor down(again that's adjustable) for picking a point or sniping somebody in a game.

The back of the hand pad is adjustable in length for bigger hands. There are 2 extra rear pads and 2 extra right side pads that can be changed for a different feel. One of the side pads is big. Its made to support your pinky and keep it off the desk.

The left side buttons can also be adjusted from front to back by way of a adjustment screw.

Programming software is cool. You can load templates on the fly for anything. I have MC set up in 2 different modes ( there are 4 more to use if you can remember what they are) One side for views, panning. second side for undo, analyze escape, ect. As I get used to it I'll add the main drafting commands, then the main toolpath commands.

So far I'd say it isn't for everybody.

More later,

Machineguy