Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I....

kunfuzed

How can I set my WCS, Cplane, and Tplane to a selected view with one keystroke or button? Any ideas?

Basically I have a keystroke set up for my Gview manager, and I just double click on OP1, 2, etc. But it only sets the T/C Planes. I would also like it to set the WCS to this view as well.

Thanks!

Lower right corner you'll see "WCS", click on it, inside you'll see "WCS=GVIEW" click on it. With that set every time you go to a new gview the WCS should update automatically. What're you programmin' if you don't mind me askin'?

Mine only sets the gview and nothing else updates. (and those are only default wcs views)

what about custom wcs?

Go to settings > key mapping > WCS and set a key combination to your desired WCS. For example, I have Top as CTRL+1, Front is CTRL+2, etc. This will change the WCS without changing the view or the T/C plane, you can just use the default combo for those. When you open key mapping you'll see all the different options that are available.

I assumed it would stick like it does when you select planes=gview, which it doesn't. You'd have to do as I suggested every time you want to go to that gview.

From what I understand though Gviews are created/based on your current WCS. So you must create a new WCS first. You have to create the new WCS as if your looking at the part from the top gview as it defaults to the top. Once you save and name the WCS the right gview will now view the part based on your new WCS's right view. Kinda hard to explain. You can keymap the WCS to a key combination (mine is alt+i) and select the WCS there, then you can open you're gview manager with another key combo to get to a custom view.

Maybe somebody wiser than me can explain.

Lower right corner you'll see "WCS", click on it, inside you'll see "WCS=GVIEW" click on it. With that set every time you go to a new gview the WCS should update automatically. What're you programmin' if you don't mind me askin'?

Nothing special. 3 and 4x stuff. We use one model, left in "aircraft coordinates" and create a new Gview for each OP, or toolplane in 4x situations. When working in each op, I find myself constantly switching T/C planes, and I also like having the WCS set there as well.

My solution so far is I have the "Gview manager" mapped to Alt+V, and WCS=Tplane mapped to Alt+W. Then I have a Logitech mouse with the app switcher and zoom button on the side, witch is mapped to those two respectfully. So to switch to WCS= OP3 Tplane= OP3 Cplane= OP3, I hit the 1st button, double click on the OP3 Gview, then hit the second button to set the WCS= Tplane (OP3 now).

So far, not to bad. I was pulling up the WCS manager, clicking the Gview, hitting the equals button, and then hitting Gview= Tplane EACH TIME!!! Been doing that for like 8 years now!!! Sheesh... :p