Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster post change x/z retract,same line?

Brendan P

OK boys,I think i got it.

With a little help from one of the other guys i work with.

this is what we changed:

old way:

rapidout #Output to NC of linear movement - rapid

pcan1, pbld, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, strcantext, scoolant, e

then we added a line,and moved "pzout" onot this line:

New way:

prapidout #Output to NC of linear movement - rapid

pcan1, pbld, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pcout, strcantext, scoolant, e

pcan1, pbld, pzout, e

I have posted my G code with this and it did split up the x/y moves from the z moves.

I am a happy camper. biggrin.gif

Thank you for all the help as usual.

Rekd,you get to relax this weekend and enjoy many captian and cokes,without the thoughts of bucketheads problems.... biggrin.gif

Yeah the debug is soemthing i am glad to see in the post and have that ability. I like it when soemone puts a devopler tool in there software to make it easy to see where the problems coem in. There are also different varialbe you can use in the value

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Debugging and Factory Set Program Switches

fastmode : yes #Posting speed optimizition

bug1 : 2 #0=No display, 1=Generic list box, 2=Editor

bug2 : 30 #Append postline labels, non-zero is column position?

bug3 : 0 #Append whatline no. to each NC line?

bug4 : 1 #Append NCI line no. to each NC line?

whatno : yes #Do not perform whatline branches? (leave as yes)

it is in the bug2 position set the value to -30 and it post out all variables so you really see what all is going on.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-18-2003, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Brendan

One thing to watch out for here is that if the machine wants to move Z UP and X or Y it'll post the XY move first now

Possibly not good

Maybe you could write something like

if zabs > prv_zabs, prapidbucket

else, prapidout

would this type of thing work, post guys?

C

Would have to define the prapidbucket is all and make it be some part of soemthing for the post is all. I think that might be possible I have still not figured out if you can make up variables or if you are limited to certain one in the MP language. I will read up on it this weekend and see what I come up with but maybe Mick, Roger, James, Rekd, Jay, or one of the other more talnest post guys know me still in that learning stage of the works of things.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-18-2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

+1 Chris.

Millman, here's a sample of a routine I made for HAAS to use the G187 .0003 corner rounding function via Misc Values...

code:

pcorner_round	#corner rounding ()

if mi5 = 1 & mr5 > 0 & flg_mi5 = 0,

[

sav_mr5 = mr5,

pbld, n, "G187", *sav_mr5, e

flg_mi5 = 1

]

if mi5 = 1 & mr5 = 0,

[

"( WARNING!! CORNER ROUNDING CONTROL HAS )", e

"( BEEN ENABLED WITHOUT A VALUE SET! USE )", e

"( MISC VALUES-MISC REALS TO SET A VALUE )", e

"( CORNER ROUNDING CONTROL IS DISABLED )", e

]

if mi5 = 0 & flg_mi5 = 1,

[

n, "G187", e

flg_mi5 = 0

]

Then when I want to test for it, like during a tool change... you just call it like so..

code:

ptlchg          #Tool change ()

pcorner_round

pcuttype

toolchng = one

toolcount = toolcount + 1

if toolcountn <= tooltotal, nexttool = rbuf(4,toolcountn)

else, nexttool = first_tool

~snip~

You have to declare and format all variables..

code:

~snip~

flg_mi5 : 0 # mi5 flag

~snip~

fmt E 12 sav_mr5 # Saved mr5 value

~snip

Like I said, if you get that SS, lemme know.. wink.gif

HTH!!

'Rekd

OK showoff; here's one I made to set the electronic barriers in my Okuma Captain lathes based on the minimum x and z values of the individual operation:

----------------------------

pbarriers # Variable limit settings (cdm)

bar_tool = t # Tool number for barriers

x_min = c1_x_min

x_min = x_min + c1_tox

x_min = x_min * 2

bar_x_min = x_min # Format change

if x_min > 0,

"VNVLX=VZOFX+VTOFX[", no_spc, *bar_tool, no_spc ,"]-.02+", no_spc, *bar_x_min, e

if x_min < 0,

"VNVLX=VZOFX+VTOFX[", no_spc, *bar_tool, no_spc ,"]-.02", no_spc, *bar_x_min, e

if x_min = 0,

"VNVLX=VZOFX+VTOFX[", no_spc, *bar_tool, no_spc ,"]-.02", e

z_min = c1_z_min

bar_z_min = z_min # Format change

if z_min > 0,

"VNVLZ=VZOFZ+VTOFZ[", no_spc, *bar_tool, no_spc ,"]-.005+", no_spc, *bar_z_min, e

if z_min < 0,

"VNVLZ=VZOFZ+VTOFZ[", no_spc, *bar_tool, no_spc ,"]-.005", no_spc, *bar_z_min, e

if z_min = 0,

"VNVLZ=VZOFZ+VTOFZ[", no_spc, *bar_tool, no_spc ,"]-.005", e

-------------------------------------

Which requires some format statements:

fmt "TOOL - " 4 tnote # Note format

fmt " OFFSET - " 4 toffnote # Note format

fmt 4 bar_tool #Used for barrier setting

fmt 12 bar_x_min #Used for barrier setting

fmt 12 bar_z_min #Used for barrier setting

fmt 7 var_progno #Used for variable setting in program header

fmt 4 long_tool #Used for VPVLZ setting

fmt 12 pofp_pocf #Used for POFP/POCF setting

fmt 4 mach_ltr #Used for proper variable output for each machine

---------------------------------------

[ 10-20-2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

When I grow up I want ot be just like REkd and Chris the post Studs. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif No but seriously guy that rocks big time I was thinking you could till I got the post cd then it has that section about predefined variables and well after seenign the pages I went WTF I will read that later. I really feel like I got soemthing here on the pst the fixed subs all work great and figured out how to take the TXT box and use it for the engraving when i get it all worked out I will send you 2 a copy as well as James, Jay, and who everesle want it as my show of thnaks for helping me get the understanding I am getting.

Crazy Millman over and out. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well as Far as the SS goes the owners decided to take 2 days at Disneyland guess that was more important than making a decision about a $150,000 job we need this machine for. I have been stuck with dealing with the customer and oh what fun that is. I need to shut my mout hagain hold on one sec while I slap the shi? out myself for saying such things. Ouch that hurt ok. I love this coompany it is a wonderful place to work. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Crazy Millman

Nope I just keep up the signs of a bad Boss. goes a little soemthing like this:

quote:

For good employess, a bad boss is a theif of opportunity. For the comapny, a bad boss is a cancer. Bad bosses rob the company of productivity because of unreasonalbe demands they make on workers. As production slows, profitability sinks. As profitability plunges, the comapny begins looking for ways to cut expenses.

Here are soem tips to sighting a bad boss:

1) Beware of the boss who fails to delegate. This is a fast route to undermining the ability ofindividul workes to gorw and to bulid confidence.

2) Be aware of the boss who wants to waste you day with mettings. TYou can expend alot of engery in meetings with little return for your efforts.

3) Watch out for the supervisor with poor ethics. When the boss bends the rules, the employess will be clsoe behind.

4) Bewaye of political plays. If the boss has a pet worker, other employess will notice and morale and performance will likely show the result.

5) Pay attention when the boss speaks u pafter you have made a mistake. This is a must. You should also pay attetnion when the boss fails to say a word when you've done something right. This says a lot about your boss.

6) Beware of the boss that won't listen to employes or customer compliants. You'll feel the added stress caused because no one wants to hear about a method or more efficent operation.

7) Take care to avoid the boss who makes all chages fro mthe top down. This is another example of a boss who puts his ego in front of the company's best intrest.

Florida Industrial Exchange author: Micheal Kinsman

I keep this one posted in the top of my roll around as well a picture my Ferris Wheel senior project from high school as well as a picture of my totaled car from my Car accident as reminders of the person I was then person I am and the person I dont want to become as a supervisor. I compliment my guys and everyone fro mthe girls in the front office to the guys sweeping the floor on a job well done. I know them on a personal level as well as a professional level though I dont claim to be their friends I atleast take the time to listen to what they are saying.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-20-2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]