Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

coolant question

Rick46

when I go to my coolant selection page fllod or thru spindle etc. I have the option of on, off, ignore. then to the right of the enabling box is a before, with and after. Is there a way to force this to always be set to after on all my optional settings to choose from instead of it defaulting to before. I have it saved in my defaults file for most paths but still run across situations where I have to go back and manually change from thru the spindle to flood and then I have to re enable the after selection. say a drill program by default I have it set to thru spindle and after. but when I create another drill program using a spot drill that needs the flood on I have to turn the through spindle off and flood on no big deal but then I have to change it to after. I would like them to be forced to all say after if possible. it speeds up my toolpathing needs is all.. thanks in advance.

It must be nice to have thru coolant. I work for a publicly traded company. The leaders are not machinists. They are business men...or women. They do not understand what thru coolant is. They only understand that it costs more when they buy a mill. Most of the machines here are 20+ years old that can't hold a tolerance above 10ipm, and they cannot understand why we can't compete when running parts with reground tooling. But, I am pretty sure they all have air conditioning and new tires on their 2014 Mercedes Benz's. Never work for a publicly traded company. :thumbdown:

You pretty much answered your own questions with changing it in the defaults. I have asked for a make defaults button in the operations. You get an operation setup like you want with coolant and everything be nice to hit save as defaults. Then it would update your defaults without having to spend the time having to go do it in the defaults.

• Like 1

You wouldn't DARE suggest that the members of this forum would act in such a childishly unprofessional and despicable manner, would you? :cry:

Just happened in the last week to a very good friend of mine and someone I have the utmost respect for. Happened to me many years ago comments like yours were sent to my employer by and ex employee who wanted his job back who position I had. Said it had nothing to do that and he was good friends with the owners and wanted them to know what I was putting up on the forum. People are people and just a word to the wise is all do what you want.

Also the king of name calling loves to troll this forum for stuff to use on his web site. He single handed changed the world of CAM as we know and if you don't think so he will be glad to call you and tell you how he did it. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yes I am not kidding very sad.

It is sad that some people need to stoop to such levels in order to feel good about themselves. Anyway, I have given my notice here. I've had enough.

Months ago I requested CimcoEdit v7. It took 2 months to approve. In that time the Cimco rep was cool enough to front us a 60 day trial license. After the approval he fronted us another 60 license until payment was received. Pretty soon the license locked up and when I inquired to the Cimco rep as to why, I was told the bill was never paid. So, it took 4 months of BS and I still ended up with nothing. I felt like a black woman standing in the grocery check out line that just found out her boyfriend spent all of her food stamps on Old English malt liquor.

At the last company meeting they encouraged all employees to buy company stock, at the same time they asked us to find them customers. Shortly afterwards the Senior VP's started dumping millions of dollars in stock. The stock lost close to 50% of it's value. This is how the people that I work hard for paid us back. They tried to scam us. Fortunately, I saw through the scam. If they ask you to buy stock in one sentence, and then ask you to find them work in another, it's time to bail!

You pretty much answered your own questions with changing it in the defaults. I have asked for a make defaults button in the operations. You get an operation setup like you want with coolant and everything be nice to hit save as defaults. Then it would update your defaults without having to spend the time having to go do it in the defaults.

There is a save to defaults utility in the toolpaths, in the legacy tpaths if you right click on in the tool window, second option from the bottom is the save to defaults function. In the new format tpath there is a save to defaults icon in the upper left corner. The problem with setting the coolant as a default has to do with two different coolant types, V-9 style and X style. If you are still using an older post (pre-X) you can only use the v-9 style coolant. The V-9 style coolant will not save as a default if you try to mass edit the tpaths through the default operations settings. The machine def for the operations default is set to V-9. You need to change the default machine def for the operations default to use X style coolant and then also use a newer post.

How to Change the Coolant Settings to X style:

1 - go to Public Documents\Shared McamX7\mill\ops, rename mill_inch.defaults-7 to mill_inch.mcx-7

2 - open mill_inch.mcx-7 in Mastercam as a part file

3 - open the Machine definition through the settings drop down

4 - use general machine parameters and set the coolant to the VX style

5 - save the file & exit Mcam

6 - go back to Public Documents\Shared McamX7\mill\ops, rename mill_inch.mcx-7 back to mill_inch.defaults-7

Then you will be able to set the X style coolant as a default through mass edit in the operation defaults.

Side Note - don't use the ignore setting for coolant, set it to on or off then before, with or after

Wish you the best in your search. Plenty of places looking for skilled programmers and machinist. I get 4 to 5 calls a week sometimes so keep your head up and something better will come your way.

Thank you. Already lined up. You are correct about job offers. There are more good jobs than there are good programmers. I was flooded with offers.The place I am leaving took a year to find me. Most programmers say they can do it, but really do not know how. Most people have to copy and rotate their workpiece for different ops because they don't even know the basics of WCS. I had interviewed a fella a while back that said he programmed mastercam 20 years, but could not complete the test I created. He could not get past step 1 which was aligning pre drawn stock with a predrawn work piece. He gave up after 2 hours of trying. The worst part is, he could have gone to youtube to watch the 5 minute tutorial. :laser: