Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I have X6

newbie70

H G & R J

Well I used to work for a company before I quit my job. So am familiar with Okuma, Mori Seiki, Daewoo etc.

Since am a newbie, CAD/CAM is also new to me.

I don't have vericut software. But yeah, you're right there's no sim for lathe in MC.

The reason I need sim for lathe to know the machining time (Time based mode).

Any keys to set machining time for lathe in X6 or X7 under verify?

newbie70

Hi R J

I installed X7 yesterday. I tried a stock of 110 dia. by 100 long using the margins. I plotted 3 steps with the min. being 30 dia.

My op. involved face, rough and finish tool paths. The feed time shows 1hr 21 min. which I think is wrong.

newbie70

Hi R J

I installed X7 yesterday. I tried a stock of 110 dia. by 100 long using the margins. I plotted 3 steps with the min. being 30 dia.

My op. involved face, rough and finish tool paths. The feed time shows 1hr 21 min. which I think is wrong.

newbie70

Really why? I have some 80" diameter parts and the run time on them is 22 hours for roughing on one area that is 4.7 deep x 2" wide at 9 RPMs that thing is going to take some. What RPMs are you running? Do the math your Circumference is X 3.14159. Take your feed in Per rev and figure out how many revolutions per minute you have programmed and what step over. Take .01 step over and going a distance of 1". That is means for every inch of travel the tool has covered 100 passes at 345" per pass. For every one inch of travel on a part with a 110 diameter the tool has traveled 34557.9" in distance take that number and divide it by your RPMs and you have an amount of time it will take to take the cut. Yes that distance decreases if you are going from a bigger diameter to a smaller diameters, but something that big depending on the speed and feed just may take that amount of time. Pretty basic math and I have found the X7 times on lathe to be pretty close.

Really why? I have some 80" diameter parts and the run time on them is 22 hours for roughing on one area that is 4.7 deep x 2" wide at 9 RPMs that thing is going to take some. What RPMs are you running? Do the math your Circumference is X 3.14159. Take your feed in Per rev and figure out how many revolutions per minute you have programmed and what step over. Take .01 step over and going a distance of 1". That is means for every inch of travel the tool has covered 100 passes at 345" per pass. For every one inch of travel on a part with a 110 diameter the tool has traveled 34557.9" in distance take that number and divide it by your RPMs and you have an amount of time it will take to take the cut. Yes that distance decreases if you are going from a bigger diameter to a smaller diameters, but something that big depending on the speed and feed just may take that amount of time. Pretty basic math and I have found the X7 times on lathe to be pretty close.

Everything Ron says here is golden. Make sure you're speeds and feeds are correct to, makes a huge difference in the time.

You are working in mm not inches, right?