Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hi guys I could not achieve arc movements while machining convex shape, using finish scallop toolpath on surface. it comes out in small lines instead of arcs and that makes a pattern of lines on part. (Mastercam V9)

I have tried different Total tolerance settings; off, 1:1, 1:2 but every time in produces line segments.

It will great if any body help me out.

i have never had good luck getting a scallop, or flow line path to filter into arcs. to smooth it out you need to

really bring down the filter tol. draw back is it genrates alot of code. depending on the shape

i've had better luck using surface contour or the 2d wire frame paths. paralle paths filter

really nice if your shape allows it.

HTH Ken

• Like 1

LUCK GETTING RID OF LINES ON 3D TOOL PATH ? I GOT HOLD AF A FORMULA SOME TIME BACK LOOKS SOMTHING LIKE THIS ,STEP OVER =SQ ROOT OF H*8*r

H=CUSP HEIGHT(4*Ra)

r =RADIUS OF CUTTER

IPM = F*RPM*CL

IPM=INCHES PER MIN

F= FLUTES ON CUTTER

CL= CHIP LOAD

I TRIED THIS AND IT WORKED WELL , IT GAVE ME A DIAMOND FINISH THAT WAS ALL UNIFORM ,NO LINES VISIBLE

LUCK GETTING RID OF LINES ON 3D TOOL PATH ? I GOT HOLD AF A FORMULA SOME TIME BACK LOOKS SOMTHING LIKE THIS ,STEP OVER =SQ ROOT OF H*8*r

H=CUSP HEIGHT(4*Ra)

r =RADIUS OF CUTTER

IPM = F*RPM*CL

IPM=INCHES PER MIN

F= FLUTES ON CUTTER

CL= CHIP LOAD

I TRIED THIS AND IT WORKED WELL , IT GAVE ME A DIAMOND FINISH THAT WAS ALL UNIFORM ,NO LINES VISIBLE

Huh? :wallbash:

....and how does that relate to arc filtering?