Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadec UMC 10

Absolutely loving this machine. I've had it about 3 months now. Finally got all the servo ramping and feed rate ramping settings about where they need to be. Max feed rate is like 575ipm for both rapid and feed moves. Now shes deffinitly acheaving that and running very very smooth. Heres a little video I made cutting a little motor mount for a team associated Tc6 Rc car. Took it kinda easy in the video but have to make about 20 of these so I will start bumping everything up and see what she can take.

3/8 3fl endmill

5500rpm

60ipm

8% stepover

3d opticore

dynamic core 2d

It that Aluminum you are cutting? I would try feed that at 300 ipm and max RPM if so, nice video thanks for sharing.

Yea, aluminum! I know for aluminum its not super fast and all. Just showcasing the little machine right now. I know she could take a lot more than whats in the video, just starting out conservatively. I will post some more videos here in a few days and really push it to the limits. Just want to approach it safely and not hurt my little baby. And remember shes only 3hp and 6500rpm max.

At first it looked like a normal size machining center until the hand was in the picture , what kind of mill is it and give us a link ?

Thanks It looks like a nice little mill .

Nice Vid

Its a Fadec UMC-10 https://www.facebook.com/FadecEng. It was designed by Dave DeCaussan Former owner of Fadal and Gary Frolka who worked at Fadal with Dave. I think there going through some changes at the moment. Gary and Dave are going to do there own thing. Dave is making a cheaper version and Gary is gonna improve on the one I have and make it better. They also make a sweet little lathe too. I plan on picking that up as well.

This is awesome, just lurked their facebook page for a bit. Made in the US and single phase woot woot. Would like to know how larger diameter cutters work with that little taper. One picture had what it look liked a 1" endmill sticking way out??? Robodrills with non dual contact bt30 holders sound like the world is going to end if taking a decent cut. Keep the videos coming!!!

This is awesome, just lurked their facebook page for a bit. Made in the US and single phase woot woot. Would like to know how larger diameter cutters work with that little taper. One picture had what it look liked a 1" endmill sticking way out??? Robodrills with non dual contact bt30 holders sound like the world is going to end if taking a decent cut. Keep the videos coming!!!

If your talking about the 2 flute endmill, I think that's a 3/4. As far as I know that's the biggest tool holder they make. You just have to respect its size when planning cuts. I think everything translates pretty well. It seems to love the dynamic style cuts really well. Everything I've cut aluminum and mild steel it just eats it up. Not to sure I would try to cut any inconnel but that's a give in. Maybe a very small inconnel part but no hogging that's for sure.