Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rapid moves turned into feed moves on groove

TFesta

Hello Everybody,

I'm grooving a part and want to turn the rapid moves into feed rate moves. I have checked the feed rate box in the rough groove tab at the top right on MCX5. I want to change the feed rate from the default .010 to .025. But no matter what I do. I can't get it to go higher then the .010 feed rate. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Ok, Thanks. I usually don't use that option. But on the VTL's they would rather feed faster then rapid, with the little lathes it's not a problem.

Yes when you are spinning 100" diameter parts with rapid moves makes the people jump. The have a part spinning at 9 rpm and when the tool is moving faster than the part is just scares people.

Try this....

Change the setting to feedrate, enter your desired retract feedrate, then click on the “Groove finish parameters” tab, then go back to the Groove rough parameters, then Green check out.

$20 says it will work...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh. K2csq7. It sure does work and I didn't even use the finish groove. I just went over to the finish groove tab and then back. Wow, thanks.

When I go back to CT to see my brother and sister-in-law. I'll buy you a drink. Thanks a lot.

Oh my gosh. K2csq7. It sure does work and I didn't even use the finish groove. I just went over to the finish groove tab and then back. Wow, thanks.

When I go back to CT to see my brother and sister-in-law. I'll buy you a drink. Thanks a lot.

:cheers: