Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DPRNT command

Tedarencn

I have a question concerning" DPRNT"

Currently I need use one 3 axis milling machine work with a 4 axis rotary indexer to make one program. I want to use "DPRNT"command to run. Just rotate indexer from 0 degree to 180.

Cnc control system: Yasnac J100m

Indexer control: SMW system50

DPRNT Example Format:

XXXX

XXXX

POPEN

DPRNT[Xs180.000 Xf10.000 Xl1]

PCLOS

--------------------------

This DPRNT format is ok? Someone work on this before?

We always used Mcodes with SMW Autoblocks, but that was 20 years ago and then made a program in the control on the SMW. Will it read the DPRINT and use it to index the control box? Do you have the RS232 all hooked up and dialed in? Have you tired to do it in MDI to see if you could get it to work correctly?

Just a thought, when we use the Dprnt, we have to change the COMM Channel to send the data out thru the RS232.

Here an example

G10L50

N0020R1

G11

Changes to channel 1

BTW - This is on our Makino's. I'm not sure about the Yasnac.

Good Point Ray. Maybe write a simple program to control this. If it is a common item might think about a sub program loop call. Do a M98 P1000 L5 times to cut a hex on a shape or is doing every 45 degree then have the G91 Increment call in the sub and then loop it 7 more times to complete the process. I can not remember on those controls how many levels you can go deep on the subs, but might be good to think about Sub calling a sub to call one more sub. I use to wrtie some pretty involved sub program loops, but have not needed that way in many years so woulkd need to think it out before I could say 100% what will yield the best results.