Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th and 5th axis post outputting opposite signs.

Good Day All,

We have just installed a Koma 4th and 5th axis table on a Doosan DNM400 mill. Table is on the right and tilts to the left. Now, not sure if I am explaining this properly. Using the generic 5axis post, I have most of my indexing posting properly. All indexes to the left of 0 degrees (positive angles) post correctly. For some reason, when I post a toolpath that indexes to the right (negative angles) either Mastercam or this post indexes the "A" axis 180 degrees and uses a positive "B" instead of leaving "A" at zero and indexing "B" to a negative angle. All other tool paths index properly. Does this have something to with limits in the post? The toolpath seems to be correct as it rotates the whole toolpath to properly cut the part. Not what I want though. Can someone help explain this? Thanks iin advance. I have attached my post and the output.

Paul

IMTS GIVEAWAY.zip

I've used this same post configured with a similar piece of equipment and was able to use the misc int values to manipulate the output. I still had some issues with it rotating "A" when "B" was at zero but I can work around this behavior by changing my operation order around.

This is the note I left for myself...

Note: when programming the KOMA in Mastercam use the Misc. Int. variables to bias the tilt axis.
To start with B- use Nutating bias = 2, Secondary Axis = 2.
To start with B+ use Nutating bias = 1, Secondary axis = 1
After that you can use "2" in Secondary axis to keep B-

It really depends on the machine configuration, But here is where you change it, Your dealer will be able to give you the documentation

#Primary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis must be the XY plane
rotaxis1$ = vecX  #Zero       
rotdir1$  = vecY  #Direction  

#Secondary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis and this plane normal
#are aligned to calculate the secondary angle
rotaxis2$ = vecz  #Zero        
rotdir2$  = vecx  #Direction

Thanks Greg. I have tried different combinations of the those parameters. I get good "X and Y" code now but I get a -B instead of a positive. I know it will be something simple. I just do not edit posts often enough to get good at it. As for dealers, we don't have one. I work for Doosan Infracore and Mastercam gave us a free seat. As far as I can tell, we are on our own.

It really depends on the machine configuration, But here is where you change it, Your dealer will be able to give you the documentation

#Primary axis angle description (in machine base terms)

#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis must be the XY plane

rotaxis1$ = vecX  #Zero       

rotdir1$  = vecY  #Direction  

#Secondary axis angle description (in machine base terms)

#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis and this plane normal

#are aligned to calculate the secondary angle

rotaxis2$ = vecz  #Zero        

PAnderson,

Greg is pointing you to the right area that you need to do your changes. If your secondary axis is the B, try changing the sign for

rotaxis2$ = vecz  #Zero        

one at a time. good luck.