Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cincinnati Milacron with Acromatic 950 Control Help!!

I've been given a project at a new job to get this horizontal up and running. I was told that someone who tried to get it running deleted some kind of file and crashed the machine. Its really hard to get accurate info because nobody wants to take the blame for it. From what I can gather it might have something to do with the toolchanger. I've started going thru the operatition manual and am getting a feel for how the machine operates. If some files or parameters where deleted is there a way I can get them and reload them? How would I check and find out if that is actually the case? Thanks and really need some help on this.

The Acramatic 950 controls use internal Subroutine files to perform certain actions. For Tool Changes, this would include the entire sequence of events such as checking to see if a tool is in the spindle, or not, and which pot to call up, and a bunch of other things.  We used these controls when I worked at Boeing, and they actually have some pretty cool capabilities. We were able to create a custom macro on the machine, and use the G65 Macro call to pass the data we needed to the control to activate the routine.The bottom line for you should be to call a technician. You need special codes to access the "locked" portion of the control, and you'll want a tech to be sure that it is setup correctly. You can't access this area of the control yourself, so get on the phone to Cincinnati in the morning!