Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

changing trunion rotation

loraxian

Honest. I looked but couldn't find a previous post.

I'm using X7 multi axis. I'm trying to use 2D facing operations on 5 sides of a cube. I want the trunion(on our HaasVF2TR) to rotate facing aft for 4 out of the five faces and then rotate the table in order to machine the four sides. I've messed with the misc values to death but I can't get the machine simulation to change trunion directions. Anybody?

I think what he is asking is to just reverse the sign of the Secondary Axis (A?) on his machine. Is that correct?

When using the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post (the VF_TR post is based on this post), you can use Misc. Integer #10 to temporarily restrict the Secondary axis to either Positive or Negative. This switch just temporarily restricts the travel limits of the Secondary, which allows you to force either Positive or Negative output.

So try either '1' or '2', and check the output.

If you just want to reverse the sign of the Secondary, you need to make a post change.

#Secondary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis and this plane normal
#are aligned to calculate the secondary angle 
rotaxis2$ = vecz  #Zero        
rotdir2$  = vecy  #Direction  

The above variables control the setup of the Secondary Axis. To reverse the sign, just change the value of 'rotdir2$'. So instead of 'vecy', change the value to '-vecy'. Or if the setting already has a unary minus (-), just remove the minus sign...