Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Edming Stainless

KJS

you mean using SS electrodes??

Hrmmm I have used copper, graphite, carbide, and even bolted the top and bottom molds to the plattens and EDMed the final fit of the PL.

Your control on your EDM just has to be able to use metallic electrodes.

You can prol use just about anything conductive to use as an electrode but how effecient it is is another story.

If you are just talking about EDMing a SS workpiece, then it will be no diffrent than any other metal workpiece.

Murlin

[ 10-29-2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Murlin ]

What is your gap set at on your spark. What is your contration on your Dielectric soultion. Its been over 10 years ago but if I rmemeber correct you need to apporach it like aluminum in that is burns funny. I would go to the extreme high or the extreme low and see what that does also I believe if the gap was to little is would give a fit also sorry I cant be of more help been a few years and that book I dont have any more.

Crazy Millman loves the smeel of burning dielectic solution in the morning taste real good too when it pops up in your mouth.

quote:

If a burn is not going well, # flush, flush,flush

We use to listen to our burns in the next room with a raido also cheers.gif Get that steady schreeching sound and you better get in there cause it's arcing like a big dog!!!

I can tell you are an old head when I comes to the EDM:)

+1 to MIll....heh, I have burned with fluid that looks like mud smile.gif its all in the settings.

Crank down the off time and crank up the on time.

be sure to use plenty of flush holes.

All of the considerations have to be made "Before" you make yoiur electrodes.

You want to get that plating effect on graphite to minimize wear.

Muddy oil just means you need more flush.

If you are getting a dirty spot on your burn, drill a flush hole in there.

Its all in the settings......I am making a CNC plasma torch out of my edm frame. it has ballbearing round ways with ball lead screws.

42"x33"x15" tank.

I have an old 120 amp ss power supply I will give away if anyone wants it.... smile.gif I even have all the wiring diagrams for it.

Murlin