Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autodesk file converting

Les. Little

I'm trying to convert a AutoCAD 2000 .dwg file of a solid and am getting nothing showing up in the conversion, the strange thing is this was converting fine prior to installing service pack 2 and the same files will open thru a old demo of V9.1. If i don't blank paper space entities it brings them in fine but not the solid. Is there a setting somewhere or a patch? Any ideas you got would be appreciated.

Cheers Les

Les did you exlpode the autocad file prior to bring it in to MC?

You made the statment of 9.1 demo being old . this has only been offerd for a few months.

Could that of been 9.0 demo.

I know like you do that this does work proior to SP2.

I have not received any *.DWG file latly to see if it works.

I will dig thru my many gigs of file to see if it works here.

Thanks for the help guys i have placed a file on the cadcam's ftp site in the solids folder called A13621 this is a Autocad 2002 .dwg solid

of a bottom panel we make. The MC demo we have is V9.1 this still converts the solid without exploding it. The full version on SP2 used to work before the patch but now it doesn't as we have only just brought MC Router its hard to no if its just me or a simple setting somewhere?

The other thing i noticed is on the demo when converting it brings up a page called "Autodesk solid parameters" which the MC Router with SP2 does not?

If anyone else can try this conversion it would be appreciated.

Cheers Les

Thanks for testing it as a bit of a noob to MC

i thought i was going crazy or missing something?

Where do i go from here or who do i inform as bringing the solids in and not having to convert to .DXF files was a big reason for the purchase?

Do I need to go through my reseller or do i go direct to MC for a patch?

Those of you who are having trouble reading in DWG/DXF solids in V9.1Sp2, please check the dates of the following files:

c:(Mastercam folder)CommonDataSPA*.dll

c:(Mastercam folder)CommonAppsSATIN.dll

c:(Mastercam folder)CommonAppsDWGIN.dll

And how did you update to SP2?

PDG

[ 10-30-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: ProductDevelopmentGuy ]

I downloaded the patch off the web page for SP1 and SP2 should i contact my reseller for a copy on disc?

When i did a search for the files you listed the first one is not on the system the 2nd is from when we installed MC and the last looks like it might be going way back to when we had the MC demo on that machine.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers Les

I would strat with backing all data you need out of the MCam9 Dir.

Get a disk from your local dealer of 9.1sp2 and do a freash install.

then give it a try.

I did an update for this first box I tried your file on. But this was from the Disk.

Have had know trouble at this time.

Hey Les.

It looks like i am in the same boat as you. I guess we can take turns rowing.

I had just downloaded the sp2 earlier this week off the website and installed it per the directions. I did try and bring in a 3d model and it was blank too. Also when you try to close the application it doesnt prompt you to even save changes to the MC9 file which i find odd.

I couldn't find the SPA*.dll on my system.

I did find the SATIN.dll and it was a couple months old, 8-15-03. Which i believe was around the time I installed Mastercam.

I also found the DWGIN.dll and it had a mod. date of 4-15-03.

I did remember this working properly on sp1 but didnt really think much about it not working. Since I was kinda tired and im still a noob to the software. I figured i was just missing something simple.

Brent

Noooo not the dreaded reinstall anything but...lol But i was starting to think thats the best option to clean things up and start clean.

Was really just trying to see if there was a way around this as we had someone set our system up. No better way to learn I guess.

Do I get the SP1 and SP2 off my reseller or do i just need SP2?