Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Default Screen colors

romer

Dan,

Do you have winzip on your pc? If not download it from here http://www.winzip.com/. Evaluation version is free and will be enough for you. Than back up your original icons (I zipped them up). They are in your Mastercam/Common/Icons folder. Now download the .zip file off Luc's link into the same directory and unzip them also in the same directory. Your icons should look pretty cool now. If you don't have permission to download off the net you could e-mail me and I'll send them your way.

Rob

[ 10-31-2003, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: robk ]

Thanks for the input guys.

I have been playing with color main screen lately, lighter shades of various clors but haven't found anything that stands out as superior to the black. I thought maybe a grayish screen such as Solidworks uses might be good, but I could never seem to come up with colors that looked good for toolpath backplotting. Could just be the hardware it's running on.

I agree wholeheartedly about the white background, WAY too intense.

I am surprised about the response about the icons.

When I first started learning MasterCam, (does it ever end?) I had come from AutoCad and Teksoft, and Gibbs, all of which let you park icons all around the screen. That made the icon menu pages a bit frustrating by comparison. The VAR suggested getting rid of the icons altogether and just using keyboard shortcuts, sorta like Autocad and the command line.

I have found this to be the best way for me, keyboard in one hand and mouse in the other.Plus you get the added bonus of a little bit more screen space.

Thanks again,

romer

For additional screen space, try getting rid of the prompt area, Alt-P. When you are familiar enough with the software, you don't always need the prompting to tell what to do next.

Also, when you input values, it shows up at the bottom of the screen anyways.

I've played around with a lot of configurations for screen color config's and it would be nice if we had different options when starting up, like different color sets to choose from.

Sometimes when you change the background screen color to something you like, all the other colors don't fit well with them, so your stuck testing out every color issue to work with.

One day you need to re-install the software and you have to re-start the whole process over again.

I'm hoping that Mastercam X will propose different color schemes that can be choosed from in the config section, a bit like Windows themes.

Luc