Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Net Hasp MCFSW x8

Kel61

If the server is on the same LAN as the client computers there should be no need to edit the nethasp.ini file.  The clients will broadcast to the entire network for a license and the server will respond to it.  If you have some other setup then you would specify the server address as the NH_SERVER_ADDR

NH_SERVER_ADDR = 192.168.2.70  	; IP addresses of all the NetHASP 
					; License Managers you want to search.
					; Unlimited addresses are possible.
					;
					; Possible address format examples:
					;  IP address:      192.114.176.65
					;  Local Hostname:  ftp.aladdin.co.il

if the IP is going to be dynamic then you will have to use DNS to address the server with a host name.  In that case you would just use the hostname instead of the ip address.

For me what I don't understand is why run a Server on DHCP and not Static then make it a DCHP server. But if it is one the same subnet it should find it as you could and I have set it up for customers before to run on a standalone computer running DCHP. As john said then it should find the license server of that network.