Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam evolution

mcdoggie

i' m newbie to mastercam and the guys in ou work sometimes have little discussion on mastercam versions but the more i listen to them the more i' m confuse :-)

is the first version of mastercam the mastercam 1? then newer versions were release like mastercam 2, mastercam 3 and so on like mastercam 9?

i can also hear mastercamx5, mastercamx6, mastercamx7 and now mastercamx8

can anybody share their understanding on history or evolutions of mastercam versions. thanks.

It seems that once they hit the tenth version, they decided to "refresh" the numbering scheme:

Mastercam X = Mastercam version 10

It then went to X2, which is version 11

So currently we are at X8, which is 17

You think it doesn't make sense now; I can't wait to see what they do after X9.

I think whomever was in charge of the naming scheme played too much Final Fantasy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that once they hit the tenth version, they decided to "refresh" the numbering scheme:

Mastercam X = Mastercam version 10

It then went to X2, which is version 11

So currently we are at X8, which is 17

This not how it goes.

they changed to the X series, it was not meant to be the roman numeral value but a series instead. I remember talking about this when they getting ready for it and the conversation among the dealers and CNC. we new there would be some confusion.

This not how it goes.

they changed to the X series, it was not meant to be the roman numeral value but a series instead. I remember talking about this when they getting ready for it and the conversation among the dealers and CNC. we new there would be some confusion.

As they say, every day's a school day!

I'm waiting for XXL.

mmmmmm :p

• 2 weeks later...