Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming Dual Spindle Twin Turret C & Y axis machines in X8

Lean Man

My company is purchasing 2 Doosan Puma 1800TTSY machines.  There have been many questions about MC X8 ability to program these machines with out having to do to much g & m code editing after post.  Are there and where are good post available?  Can and how does MC program pinch turning?  Can you do this with Mill level 3 and Lathe or do you need the MIll-Turn add on?

Any experiences and information would be appreciated.

I use X8 Mill + Lathe to program our Okuma LT twin-spindle C/Y machines. When you have the post dialed in you can make a program with no editing. Doing complex parts isn't that hard; however you can't do true pinch turning unless you have the Mill/Turn add on. You can make the Mill + Lathe do pinch turning but you do not get a true simulation, and syncing the timing/wait codes is a matter of experience and not just a button click.

I don't know about good posts for the Doosan as all we use are Okuma lathes, but your first place to ask to get one is from the reseller who sold you Mastercam. 

Cathedral,

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if the mill turn add on will do the true simulation, syncing, timing/wait codes?  I've been told from other sources that it is geared more towards multi tasking machines with the B axis milling heads and not so much multi turret.

Cathedral,

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if the mill turn add on will do the true simulation, syncing, timing/wait codes?  I've been told from other sources that it is geared more towards multi tasking machines with the B axis milling heads and not so much multi turret.

I know that it does real simulation, synching, pinch turning, etc; as for if it's limited to multi-tasking machines only, I don't know. I don't have the add-on, so hopefully someone can chime in and enlighten us both.