Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 verify problems

krez23

I'm wondering if anyone else is having difficulty with the new verify. I'm trying to simulate a 32 mb file , when it starts to process the nci data , it hangs up at 86% and locks up my computer. I'm quite sure there are bigger files out there. I've got shopware (local distributor) looking into it but it also locked up there computer as well. 

Any input would be apreciated.

thanks in advance 

one  thing i noticed is when i verify the file that did partially load, i turn on toolpaths and 1 tool, usually a drill seems to take off into space on its clearance move. that is what is causing the file not to load all the way i believe. . but i haven't been able to figure out why this is happening. Any help is appreciated.

FYI , i pinpointed the problem. When using migrated OP's from previous versions, the file (no matter what size) locks up in verify. When i made new ops in X8  on the original  file, i had no problems verifying.

Welcome to the forum krez23! :cheers:

Thanks for that info.

I like to import ops quite often so it's good to know.

one  thing i noticed is when i verify the file that did partially load, i turn on toolpaths and 1 tool, usually a drill seems to take off into space on its clearance move. that is what is causing the file not to load all the way i believe. . but i haven't been able to figure out why this is happening. Any help is appreciated.

What I have done is taken the previous version file and opened it in X8 and saved that file to the current version. I have then exported operations I wanted at that point. I would caution against what you are doing because of all the changes from version to version. You are asking the import export function to not only import/export, but also translate functions and items that may not be easily ported over. With bringing the file you want to import version from up to at least the latest version you in my humble opinion have a better change of less issues than trying to take maybe 5 or 10 or maybe even 15 year old operations and have them come in and create no issues is asking a lot.

• Like 4