Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS and verify

bigprody

I am looking for a bit of direction here. We program a 3 axis machining center and most of our stuff is square rectangles. First ? is I like to define the raw stock size (L,W,H). Right now I am using the rectangle tool and then Xform, join in z. Is there a better utility for this? I have tried bounding box and it does not seem to be what I am looking for. It would be nice if when setting the values in the stock setup it would create a cube on a specific layer. 2nd ?, we program around our blocks using different WCS so our verify gives us a complete part when finished. I am starting to add in fixtures and vices to check for clearance and to try and speed up setup. Problem is I end up with a lot of fixturing on top of one another when there is multiple ops. I can separate the fixtures onto different layers and then turn them on and off as needed, just wondering if there is a cleaner way of handling this.

I am looking for a bit of direction here. We program a 3 axis machining center and most of our stuff is square rectangles. First ? is I like to define the raw stock size (L,W,H). Right now I am using the rectangle tool and then Xform, join in z. Is there a better utility for this? I have tried bounding box and it does not seem to be what I am looking for. It would be nice if when setting the values in the stock setup it would create a cube on a specific layer. 2nd ?, we program around our blocks using different WCS so our verify gives us a complete part when finished. I am starting to add in fixtures and vices to check for clearance and to try and speed up setup. Problem is I end up with a lot of fixturing on top of one another when there is multiple ops. I can separate the fixtures onto different layers and then turn them on and off as needed, just wondering if there is a cleaner way of handling this.

Nope. Only thing I can think of is to make the fixtures and such a stock model and then use the WCS to help you locate them to an operation. Problem I see if I think the file would be bigger and be less with abilities verse using solids to represent what is really going on. Yes I can have 100's of solids in my customer files defining all of this, but our job as a group is to communicate as much as it is to provide programs to make parts.