Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino pro 5 , run off a USB?

10 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

How are you trying to transfer programs when you  get the FOCAS error; USB, CF Card, or Ethernet?

I'm not familiar with Makino's Pallet Management Software. "Usually" (meaning the 4 pallet management systems I've got a fair amount of time with), when you select the program to run on the pallet, you select the program location in either the same menu or the settings menu.

Some machine require the I/O Channel to be set to 5 when running off the Dataserver. This requirement has some configuration/setup dependencies that are too numerous to list. Try this though.

FYI - I/O Channel 0 and 1 = RS-232, 4 = CF, 5 = Dataserver, 9 = FTP (IIRC... I rarely ever use this mode), and 17 = USB.

HTH

I changed the I/O channel to 5 (it was set to 15)

FOCAS error shows up when transferring from anything to the Dataserver.

Also when running in Random Mode (we only have 2 pallets) it pulls the program from the Library, so maybe I need to figure out how to M198 from Library to Dataserver? Or figure out how to point Random mode to the Dataserver, but then we might run into issues with all the motion controls (tool change, Pallet changes, probing.. all the 8000-9000 programs)

M198 automatically goes to the Dataserver. To the best of my knowledge it goes to the root directory of the Dataserver not a folder.

By default, machine G65 P..., G-Codes and M-Codes (pallet changes, tool changes, probing, etc...) look in the SYSTEM and LIBRARY folders on CNC_MEM.

I would expect your pallet manager to have a setting somewhere that sets where it looks for part programs. Not being familiar with it though I can't say where it is or if there actually is.

I drip feed off a CF card with a PCMCIA adapter.  I think there may have been a parameter I had to change, but it has been so long since I've done it.  I put the main program in the "LIBRARY" folder, and then all of the subs go into the "External Card" folder.  Note that I have the letter "O" and 4 digit number for the program name, it apparently does not like anything else for a program name.  The sub-program number matches the file name. In the main program it's an M198Pxxxx sub-program call, each sub in the External Card uses the standard "M99" end to return to main. Now I can run huge programs and don't have to worry because memory on the CF card is abundant.

ScreenCapture_001.png

InkedScreenCapture_002_LI.jpg

InkedScreenCapture_003_LI.jpg