Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface question

cherokeechief79

sorry I cant upload this but ill try to describe it.its a large elipse with a large hole in the center.the the surface between the hole and the outside of the elipse is a varying taper. I want to cut this taper to get the smoothest surface possible.for me that would be flowline or contour and play with the arc filtering settings.the problem is that the wall is thinner on the sides than the other direction so when mc sees that the thin side is finished it reverses and does one side till finished and then jumps to the other side to do the same thing.the smoothest path that I see would be to keep going continuously around.that would mean running over the same cut area on the thin sides.can I somehow force it to run back over the previously cut area so that it cuts continuously?

I did the parts but I wound up using radial surface which I didn't like because the toolpath fanned out on the longer sides and looked more stepped.

blend with just one surface?ill have to try waterline.i didn't think of that with all of the new fancy stuff out.maybe just going back to the basics is all I needed to do!

I wonder since its kinda simple if I were to use wireframe toolpath and forget about the surface all together.i wonder if that would run back over itself?