Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

communicating

greenxman

so we got an old hitchi seki with a fanuc control 

i am using cimco to talk to it. programs go in and out. the problem is when i send them from the lathe to cimco it leave open lines between the code. not a big deal but if i send the program back the spaces are all  end of blocks witch is a problem.

it looks like this going into cimco

GO G90 X1. Z.1

BIG SPACE

BIG SPACE

G1 X0 Z0 F.5

BIG SPACE

BIG SPACE

G0 X1. Z.1

BIG SPACE

BIG SPACE

You get the picture

what setting am i missing?

thank you for looking

• Like 1

A robodrill I run does this at every tool change in the program if your post multiple tool programs. I like the idea of this. the EOB you are seeing is being assigned by your machine when putting it back out from the control. I don't see how its a problem as the machine should just process (skip this line)  and go to next line automatically. I would think you can set cimco edit up to strip the EOBs off when reading programs back in from the machine as well.

The recieve settings in Cimco edit set to auto normally take care of the double lines

The extra blank lines are controlled by a parameter on the control (how it sends a line feed EOB carriage return), it is easier to change the setting in Cimco than to hunt down the parameter...set PWE...change the parameter...

It is always lathes that have this parameter set; not sure why.

See attached picture for where the setting for recieve:

post-29-0-98594400-1426464243_thumb.jpg

\10 is a Line feed (LF ascii 010)

\13 is a Carriage return (CR ascii 013)