Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Mastercam to program an INGERSOLL sinker EDM

Brian B 74

Does anyone use Mastercam to program their sinker EDM's?  We are looking at a large Ingersoll Eagle Sinker and was told by using a custom post we could use MCX to create the burn code for the EDM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlQ14EmL3jU

According to this video it can be done with Powermill.  My boss is looking for feedback from anyone using MCX to program their sinkers (we currently have (2) Charmilles.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I already have them working on it.  I posted here just to see if someone else is using MCX for this application.

Programming the charmilles is not that hard, but we are trying to minimize errors by the operator entering incorrect coordinates.  We also want to reduce the amount of machine idle time while the operator is writing the programs.

I have posted for Agie Advance sinkers.  My need was for small vent groove holes in a cylinder. I had about 400 hole locations using X,Z,& C positioning moves. I modified a post to output agie coordinates using a drilling cycle. As far as everyday programming I believe it would be somewhat impractical for us because you have to add undersize data, orbit type, etc, etc, etc...... in addition to coordinate data. It may be more practical on edm manufacturers controls.