Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis boring

Mgrenier

Hello,

Attached is a file of a part I need to do.  We use a 4 axis HBM to do this job.

Basically it is a bore that runs on a circle.  I know it can be done by 5 axis port and I have programmed it.  But for finishing, we would like to go with a boring bar running X-Z-B.  Is this something that can be done with mastercam?  The center of rotation of the table is at Mastercam origin.

Any help will be welcomed, we do not do a lot of 4-5 axis work.

FORUM.mcx-8

Regards,

How about this here?

I defined the tool as a custom slotmill, used multiaxis cuts along a curve and created a chain for it to follow for the TAC

Edit: forgot to change my planes (no B output) changed the tplane to Front

Thanks CJep,

But this is not what I am looking for.  I did program my roughing that way.  The client did send us a video of them doing it with a boring bar with the same dia. as the bore.  Much like a straight bore with a boring bar.  The bar goes in  with X-Z-B moves and takes the reverse way out.

Hope that makes it more clear to understand.

Have a nice day,

Thanks CJep,

But this is not what I am looking for.  I did program my roughing that way.  The client did send us a video of them doing it with a boring bar with the same dia. as the bore.  Much like a straight bore with a boring bar.  The bar goes in  with X-Z-B moves and takes the reverse way out.

Hope that makes it more clear to understand.

Have a nice day,

wow. I would like to see the vid if possible. Sounds pretty cool....and would give a better idea of what you are talking about.